If you want to change the user account profile picture on Windows 11, you can do so from Settings > Accounts > Your info page. This guide shows you how.
On Windows 11, your account picture (profile photo) appears in several places such as the Settings app, Start menu, lock screen, and more. By default, Windows 11 use a blank user picture or pulls the profile picture from your Microsoft account. However, you have the freedom to change the Windows 11 profile picture to further customize and add a personal touch to your device.
The good thing is that changing the account picture on Windows 11 is pretty easy and straightforward. Just follow the steps outlined in this guide, and you’ll be able to update your profile picture in a couple of minutes.
Let’s get started.
Change account picture on Windows 11
To change or update the Windows 11 profile photo (account picture), follow the below steps:
- Open Settings on Windows 11.
- Go to the Account tab on the sidebar.
- Click on the Your info option.
- Click/tap on the Browse file button.
- Choose the new account picture.
- Press the Choose Picture button.
- The selected photo is set as Windows 11 profile picture.
Let’s see the steps in detail:
Press the Start icon on the taskbar and start typing “Settings” and click on the top result to open the Settings window. You can also press the Start key + I key binding. Once the Settings window opens, click on the “Accounts” tab on the sidebar. This page is where you can manage your & other user accounts and relevant settings.
On this page, scroll down and click/tap on the “Your info” option.
Now, click the “Browse files” button next to “Choose picture.” This is the button that allows you to update your account picture.
Choose the profile picture of your choice and press the “Choose picture” button.
As soon as you do that, the Windows 11 account picture is changed (updated).
I hope this simple and easy Windows how-to guide helped you.
If you are stuck or need help, send an email, and I will try to help as much as possible.
Related Windows how-to guides:
- How to remove user account on Windows 11
- How to set restrictions on login time on Windows 11
- How to view full user account details on Windows
- How to unlock locked user account on Windows 11
- How to rename user account on Windows 11
- How to change user account type on Windows 11
- How to create a local user account on Windows 11
- How to find user account name on Windows
- How to create a user account without password
- How to disable a user account on Windows 10 & 11
- How to remove an administrator account on Windows
- How bypass Microsoft account restriction when installing Windows 11
- How to run a program as different user
- How to change password using Command Prompt
- How to switch to local account on Windows 11
- How to enable hidden administrator account on Windows 11
- More guides on Windows user account