If you want to add a user account without password, you can do that in Windows 10. Here're the steps to create user account without password.
Windows 10 lets you create both online and offline local accounts via the Settings app. When adding a new user account, Windows 10 forces you to add a password. In the case of a local user account, you are also forced to answer security questions as part of the password recovery process. In general, the password provides an authentication layer and protects the user account from any unauthorized access.
As good as the account password protection is, there might be times where you need to add a user account without a password. This is especially true when you are creating a user account that is used by multiple people or if you are confident that no one will access the system.
No matter the reason, if you ever need, follow the steps listed below to create a user account without a password in Windows 10.
Steps to Add User Account without Password
To add a user account without a password, we are going to use the User Accounts application in Windows 10. Since we are not directly using the Settings app, we can skip adding security questions to the local account.
- First, open the Run window with the "Win + R" key shortcut.
- Type "netplwiz" in the blank field and click "Ok".
- After opening the User Account application, click on the "Add" button.
- Click the "Sign in without a Microsoft account" link appearing at the button.
- Click the "Local Account" button after reading the literature on the differences between local and online accounts.
- Type the username of your choice in the "User name" field.
- Leave all the other blanks empty and click "Next".
- The user account is created, you will see the summary. Click "Finish".
- You can see the newly created user account in the User Accounts window.
- Click the "Ok" button to complete the procedure.
That is all. You've successfully created a user account without a password in Windows 10. You can see this user account on the login and lock screen. Just click on the user account and you will be logged in automatically.
Since the user account is not protected with any kind of authentication, please be careful when sharing the computer with other users. If you are just looking for an alternative to password, you can enable PIN protection and Fingerprint login on supported computers after setting up the password.
Alternatively, you can get the best of both worlds too. That is, a password-protected user account with auto-login. To make that happen, you have to enable the Windows 10 auto-login feature. Once enabled, you will be automatically logged into the system as soon as you turn it on. No need to type the password manually.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.