On Windows 11, you can change the mouse pointer speed from the Settings app and fine-tune the movement according to your preferences. This guide shows you how to do it in simple and easy steps.
For a vast majority of Windows users, the default pointer speed is suitable for daily usage. However, depending on factors such as the mouse DPI settings, the pointer can feel too fast or too slow. For instance, low DPI settings can make the pointer move slowly, requiring you to drag the mouse a long distance to move the cursor from one corner to another on the screen. If the DPI is too high, the pointer will zip across the screen even with the slightest movement.
To rectify that and make the pointer move accurately, you have to adjust the mouse pointer speed. The good news is that it is pretty easy to do on Windows 11.
Let’s get started and set the best mouse pointer speed for you.
Change mouse pointer speed on Windows 11
Follow the below steps to adjust mouse pointer speed on Windows 11:
- Open Settings:
- Click on the Start button located on the taskbar.
- The Start menu will open. Look for and click on the Settings icon. It is represented by a gear-shaped symbol. Alternatively, you can also search for it in the Start menu.
- Go to the Bluetooth & devices page:
- After clicking on the Settings icon, the Windows 11 Settings window will appear.
- In the Settings window, you will see several categories listed on the left-hand side.
- Look for and click on the Bluetooth & devices category. It is usually located near the top of the list.
- Click on the Mouse option:
- Within the Bluetooth & devices category, various settings related to devices will be displayed.
- Locate and click on the Mouse option. It should be listed on the right pane.
- Adjust the Mouse pointer speed slider:
- Once you click on the Mouse option, you will see a lot of mouse customization options.
- Look for the Mouse pointer speed slider.
- Click and drag the slider to the left or right to adjust the mouse pointer speed according to your preference.
- As you move the slider, you can preview the pointer speed instantly. This can help you determine the correct pointer speed for your use case.
- Windows 11 mouse pointer speed is changed:
- After adjusting the mouse pointer speed to your liking, you can close the Mouse settings window.
- The changes you made are saved and applied immediately, and the Windows 11 mouse pointer speed will be changed accordingly.
That is all. I hope this simple and easy Windows how-to guide helped you.
Related mouse customization and how-to guides:
- How to change cursor size and color on Windows 11
- How to add left-hand mouse cursor in Windows 11 & 10
- How to disable mouse acceleration on Windows 11 (Windows 10)
- How to control mouse pointer with keyboard
- How to switch left and right mouse buttons
- How to share mouse and keyboard between two computers
- How to disable touchpad when external mouse is connected
- Fix mouse lag and stutter problems in Windows 10 & 11
- How to add middle click to the touchpad