qIn my previous article, I've shown you how to increase font size on Windows 10 so that the lettering would be easy on your eyes. Trust me, even if you don't have any eye related problems or problems reading small letters, increasing the Windows 10 font size a tad bit will increase the comfort levels tremendously. In new versions of Windows 10, Microsoft is finally adding the ability to change mouse pointer color and even change mouse pointer size directly from the Settings app.
Simply put, this simple new feature is hugely useful. Especially for the elderly and people with poor eyesight or color blindness. Without further ado, let me show you how to set custom color to mouse pointer and increase mouse pointer size on Windows 10.
Note: you should be using Windows 10 version 18305 or higher.
Increase or Change Mouse Pointer Color on Windows 10
To increase mouse pointer size on Windows 10, you need to make changes to the Ease of Access settings. Thankfully, Windows 10 has a dedicated page within the Ease of Access section to quickly increase or decrease mouse pointer size on Windows 10. Just follow the steps below and you should be golden.
1. Open the Settings app by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win + I. You can also search for Settings in the start menu or click on the "All Settings" button in the Action Center that appears when you click on the Notifications icon in the taskbar.
2. In the Settings app, go to "Ease of Access". On the left panel, select "Cursor & pointer size" option. This page is where you can change mouse pointer size on Windows 10.
3. On the right panel, move the slider under "Change pointer size" to increase pointer size on Windows 10. The changes are instantaneous. As you move the slider the mouse pointer size will increase automatically.
If you want a bigger mouse pointer, simply slide all the way to the right. To return mouse pointer to its normal size, just move the slider all the way to the left. Keep in mind that when you increase mouse pointer size, it will increase all mouse pointer icons like crosshairs, move, cursor, etc.
Change Mouse Pointer Color on Windows 10
From the same accessibility page, you can change mouse pointer color to whatever color you want. All you have to do is select the color and Windows will apply that custom color to the mouse pointer. Let me show you how.
1. Just like before, open the Settings app and go to "Ease of Access -> Cursor & pointer size" page, if you haven't already.
2. On the right panel, you will see a new section called Change Pointer Color. Here, select the fourth option with the rainbow color wheel and zombie style mouse pointer. Now, select a color from the "Suggested pointer colors" section. The mouse pointer color will be instantly changed.
3. If you didn't find the color you are looking for, click on the "Pick a custom pointer color" button. This will open the built-in Windows 10 color picker tool. Simply move the crosshair to pick the color of your choice. To confirm, click on the "Done" button.
4. That is it. As soon as you click on the Done button, Windows 10 will apply that new custom color to the mouse pointer.
It is that simple to change mouse pointer color and mouse pointer size on Windows 10. If you like this article, check out how to protect your system from ransomware and best YouTube apps for Windows 10.