Need to modify the date and time settings in Windows 10? It is pretty easy. Follow these steps to change date and time in Windows 10.
When you first install Windows 10, it automatically sets the date and time depending on your location. Windows gets this location data either from you entering it while installing or from the GPS data it gets using the location permission. For the most part, the default setting is pretty good and shows the correct time. In fact, a vast majority of users never need to touch the date and time settings. It just works.
However, there might be times when you need to change the date and time in Windows 10. Some of these situations include but not limited to Windows showing the wrong time, wrong time and date format, 12-hour or 24-hour clock, wrong geolocation, etc.
No matter the reason, if you want to modify the date and time settings, you can easily do it from the Windows Settings app itself. In this quick and simple guide, let me show the steps on how to change the date and time in Windows 10.
Change date and time in Windows 10
The new Windows 10 settings app has the option to change the date and time. You just need to go to the “Date & Time” page, turn off the “Set time automatically” option and customize the date and time settings. Here’s how.
1. Open the Settings application in Windows 10. You can do that by pressing the “Start key + I” shortcut or by clicking on the “All Settings” button in the Action Center.
2. Go to the “Time & Language → Date & Time” page. This is where you can change the date and time in Windows 10.
3. Turn off the “Set time automatically” option. Without turning off this option, you cannot do the required changes.
4. Click on the “Change” button under the “Set the date and time manually” option.
5. Set the date and time using the dropdown menu. Click on the “Change” button to save the changes.
6. Close the settings app.
That is all. With that, you have successfully changed the date and time in Windows 10.
Keep in mind that if you turn on the “Set time automatically” option, Windows might change the time according to the current time zone. If you think the time zone is not current, follow the below section to change the time zone in Windows 10.
Change time zone in Windows 10
To change time zone in Windows 10, follow these steps.
- Open settings.
- Go to the “Time & Language → Date & Time” page.
- Turn off the “Set time zone automatically” option.
- Select the time zone from the “Time zone” dropdown menu.
- Close the Settings app.
That is it. With that, you have changed the time zone in Windows 10. Just like with the date and time, if you turn on the “Set time zone automatically” option, Windows might change the time zone to the previous one. If you don’t want that happening, change the “Country or region” setting to point to your current country. That way, Windows 10 can automatically set the correct time zone.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.