Don't like the Bing search bar on the new tab page, follow these steps to change Edge Chromium's new tab search engine to Google from Bing.
The Edge Chromium browser is available for the general public for some time now. Unlike other Microsoft web browsers, you can install the new Edge Chromium in a wide range of platforms like Android, macOS, etc. Since the new browser is built on the open-source Chromium project. It is not only feature-rich but fast and supports all most all Chrome extensions. In fact, I already wrote a simple guide on how you can install Chrome extensions in Edge Chromium.
As good as the new browser is, there is one thing that some of the Edge Chromium users don't like. That is the default search engine on the new tab page is set to Bing. No matter your qualms with Google, when it comes to showing relevant search results, Google is top tier.
So, if you don't like the default search engine on Edge Chromium's new tab page, follow these steps to change it from Bing to Google.
Note: The below steps are only applicable to the new tab page. The Edge address bar search engine is different. I've already written how you can change it, follow that guide.
Change Edge Chromium New Tab Search Engine
Unlike the address bar search, the Edge Chromium browser doesn't provide any way to change the new tab search engine from Bing to Google. That doesn't mean we cannot do it. The good is, we can install Chrome extensions in the Edge chromium. This simply means that we can completely change the new tab page along with the default search engine.
1. First, we need to enable an option that allows you to install extensions from the Chrome store. To do that, type
edge://extensions in the address bar and press Enter. Here, toggle the "Allow extensions from other stores" switch at the bottom left corner to ON position.
2. Once you've done that, go here and install the Infinity New Tab extension. Just click on the "Add to Chrome" button and the extension will be installed automatically.
3. After installing the extension, you might see prompt asking whether you want to keep the changes. Click on the "Keep Changes" button.
4. Now, open a new tab. You will see a completely new "new tab" page. In the new tab page, click on the "Search" icon appearing right before the search bar. Here, see if you have the Google search option. If you don't have it, click on the "Add" button.
5. Here, click on the "+" icon right next to the "Google" option.
6. Back in the new tab page, select the "Google" option from the available search engines.
That is it. You've changed the Edge Chromium's new tab search engine from Bing to Google. From now on, you can use this search bar to search with Google.
One of the best things about this extension is that it has a ton of options to customize the new tab page to meet your needs and requirements. Do go through and play with those settings and see what options work for you.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.