Apart from the default downloads folders, you can set a custom folder as a download location in the Edge browser. Here’re the exact steps to change download location in the Edge browser.
The new Edge browser in Windows is pretty awesome. It is fast, reliable and the user interface is pretty good too. Not to mention, you can install Chrome extensions in the Edge chromium-browser. Add to that, the Edge browser is pretty customizable too. For example, you can change the themes, customize Edge fonts, etc.
By default, the Edge browser uses the default download folders as the download location. So, whenever you download something from the internet, the file is automatically saved to that default download folder. In general, this is a pretty good thing as it eliminates the need to manually set a new download folder for the Edge browser. However, there might be times when you need to change the download folder in the Edge browser. This is especially true if you want to better organize downloads from Edge or if the default Downloads folder is filling up.
No matter the reason, the Edge browser allows you to set new Downloads folder from its settings page. Here’re the steps you should follow to do that.
Change Download Location/Folder in Edge Browser
You can change the Edge download folder directly from the Settings page itself. Before changing it, make sure you’ve already created or chosen a folder to set as the new download location. Once you have that, proceed with the steps shown below.
- First, open the Edge browser. You can do that by searching for it in the Start menu.
- After opening the browser, click on the Menu icon. You can see the menu icon to the top right corner (three vertical dots).
- Select “Settings” from the menu options.
- Click on the “Downloads” tab on the left panel in the Settings page.
- Here, click on the “Change” button next to the “Location” section.
- Select the folder of your choice in the “Location” window.
- Click on the “Select Folder” button.
- As soon as you click the button, the folder is selected as the new download location.
- You can now close the Settings tab.
That is all. There is no need to restart the browser. From now on, whenever you download something in the Edge browser, it will automatically save it to the new download folder.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. Did you know that you can change the default downloads folder location in Windows 10 to save space in the C drive. Click on the attached link to know how.