No longer interested in Xbox Game Pass? Here are the step by step instructions to properly cancel Xbox Game Pass subscription.
Xbox Game Pass is one of the best things happened to me. After all, you can play over a hundred games for a fee of five to ten dollars depending on your subscription plan. I signed up for the service as soon as it is available in my region. Ever since I subscribed, I played several games on Game Pass like Halo Master Chief Collection, Ori, Metro Exodus, Gears, TABS, Astroneer, Plague Tale, and many more.
As good as it is, anything you subscribe to will eventually get unsubscribed, Xbox Game Pass is no different. There may be any number of reasons for unsubscribing like no longer interested in Xbox Game Pass, exhausted all the currently good games in Xbox Game Pass, can no longer afford to pay for the subscription (trust me, I've been in those kinds of situations), no longer want to pay for the subscription, etc. In those cases, you have to manually cancel the subscription.
So, if you ever need, follow the below steps to cancel the Xbox Game Pass subscription in Windows 10 PC using the Xbox app.
Steps to Cancel Xbox Game Pass Subscription in PC
Though the cancelation option is not present front and center, it is pretty easy to cancel the Xbox Game Pass subscription. It just takes a few clicks, that is all. Just follow the steps below as is and you will be done in no time.
Note: If you don't have the Xbox app installed in Windows, proceed from step 4. I'm only showing the first three steps so that you can access the services page from the Xbox app.
1. First, open the Start menu, search for the "Xbox" app and click on the result. This action will open the Xbox Game Pass app.
2. After opening the Game Pass app, click on your user icon and then click on the "Settings" option.
3. Now, click on the "Manage" link next to the Subscriptions heading.
4. As soon as you do that, the Microsoft account services page will open. Here, you will see all your current subscriptions for different Microsoft services. Find the Xbox Game Pass section and click on the "Manage" link.
5. This action will take you to the Xbox Game Pass subscription page. Here, click on the "Cancel Subscription" link.
6. You will see a confirmation pop-up, click on the "Confirm cancelation" button.
That is it. You are done with canceling the Xbox Game Pass subscription. Once canceled, you will no longer be charged. If you ever want to join Xbox Game Pass again, all you have to do is resubscribe.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.