If the airplane mode is stopping you from connecting to the internet or other devices, follow these steps to fully turn off airplane mode in Windows 10.
When you want Windows 10 to be offline but still want to work on it, you can put it in the aeroplane mode. As the name suggests, the airplane mode disables all radio signal transmission devices in your system. To put it simply, airplane mode will disable WiFi, Bluetooth, and Phone systems. Airplane mode effectively disconnects you from the wireless internet and other devices while still giving you the flexibility to use the computer. Yes, it is just like the airplane mode on your phone.
In case you are wondering, yes you can disable each radio device individually. However, the offline mode makes it easy to turn off and on all of them at once. Though the airplane mode is useful in a wide range of scenarios, once you are done using it, you should turn off airplane mode.
In this quick a simple guide, let me show you the steps to turn off airplane mode in Windows 10.
- Verify if flight mode is ON
- Turn off airplane mode from Notifications
- How to turn off airplane mode from Windows 10 Settings
How to know if flight mode is turned ON?
When the airplane or flight mode is turned on, you will see an “Aeroplane” icon in the taskbar. The plane icon will replace the network icon on the taskbar.
The icon will automatically disappear once you disable the airplane mode.
Turn off airplane mode from Notifications
The notification center in Windows 10 gives you quick access to the airplane mode. From there, you can toggle airplane mode on or off.
- First, click on the “Notifications” icon on the taskbar. You can find it at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In the Notification center, click on the “Airplane mode” button to turn it off.
- Once the airplane mode is turned off, this is how it look like.
- Since this is a toggle button, you can toggle it between ON and OFF states with the same button.
Note: If you cannot see all the buttons in the notification center, click on the “Expand” option appearing right on top of the buttons.
How to turn off airplane mode from Windows 10 Settings
You can disable the flight mode from the settings app too. This is particularly helpful if you cannot find the flight mode option in the Notification center or if the airplane mode option is greyed out.
- Click on the “Start” icon on the taskbar.
- Next, click on the “Gear” icon to open Settings. You can find the icon on the left side of the Start menu.
- Click “Network & Internet” in the Settings app.
- Go to the “Airplane mode” page. You will find the option on the left panel.
- On the right panel, turn off airplane mode with the toggle under.
That is all. As soon as you turn off the airplane mode switch, you are done.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to hide a WiFi network in Windows 10.