If the battery icon is missing on the Windows 10 taskbar, here are the steps you should follow to show the missing battery icon.
When Windows 10 recognizes a battery, either in a laptop or a UPS, it will automatically show the battery icon on the taskbar. You will see the icon to the rightmost side of the taskbar. The taskbar battery icon is very helpful in the sense that it gives you quick information about the remaining battery percentage and the remaining time you can use the computer on battery power. If needed, you can click on the battery icon to set the performance mode using the provided slider. Of course, you can access the advanced power options by right-clicking on the icon. Put simply, the battery icon on the taskbar is very helpful in day to day life.
Under certain circumstances, the battery icon on the taskbar might be missing. There may be any number of reasons for this like disabling the icon, device driver problem, etc.
No matter the reason, if you cannot see the battery icon on the taskbar, follow the methods and steps given below to fix the missing battery icon on the taskbar in Windows 10.
- Show Battery Icon on Taskbar from Settings
- Disable and Enable Battery in Device Manager
- System Restore Windows 10
Show Battery Icon on Taskbar from Settings
If you are not seeing the battery icon on the taskbar, it is highly possible that the icon is disabled in taskbar settings. Here're the steps to enable the battery icon from taskbar settings in Windows 10.
- Right-click on the taskbar.
- Select the "Taskbar Settings" option.
- Scroll down and select the "Turn system icons on or off" option.
- Here, turn on the "Power" icon.
- Close the Settings app.
That is all. As soon as you enable the battery icon option, you will see the icon on the taskbar. Don't forget to check the taskbar overflow icon menu. Just click on the "Up Arrow" to see the hidden overflowed icons.
Disable and Enable Battery in Device Manager
You can disable and enable the battery in the device manage to quickly fix any problems with it. Since the default drivers provided by Windows 10 for the battery monitoring are pretty good you don't have to worry about the drivers itself. So, enabling and disabling should do the trick in most cases. Here's how you can do it.
- Press the Start key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Type "Device Manager" and click on the result.
- In the device manager, expand the "Battery" section.
- Now, right-click on the "Microsoft AC Adapter" device.
- Select the "Disable Device" option.
- Click the "Yes" button to confirm it.
- After disabling it, right-click on the device again.
- Select the "Enable Device" option.
- Close the Device Manager.
- Restart Windows 10.
After restarting, you should see the battery icon on the taskbar in Windows 10.
System Restore Windows 10
If the battery icon is turned on and you've disabled and enabled the battery in the device manager and still not seeing the battery icon on the taskbar. It is time to restore the system to a known good state. Just follow the linked article to restore the Windows 10 system.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.