To show more bookmarks at once, you can show icons only on the Chrome bookmarks bar. Here’s how you can do it.
Like with any web browser, the Google Chrome browser supports bookmarking webpages. Whenever you find an interesting webpage or if you have a website(s) that you frequently visit, you can quickly bookmark it in Chrome. Once bookmarked, the site is added to your bookmarks bar. The good thing about the Chrome bookmarks is that it gives you a fair bit of customization when it comes to organizing bookmarks.
When you bookmark a webpage in Chrome, the browser automatically grabs the page title and its icon. Chrome then uses this information to save the bookmark. This helps us quickly identify the bookmark among other bookmarks.
If you don’t need the webpage title, you can remove it and show icons only on the Chrome bookmarks bar. Showing icons only will fit more bookmarks on the bookmarks bar and even makes it easy to access them. For example, when you are bookmarking Facebook or Twitter, you generally don’t need the page title because the website icons are plenty recognizable.
In this quick guide, let see how you can show icons only on the Chrome bookmarks bar.
Steps to show icons only on Chrome bookmarks bar
To show icons only on the Chrome bookmarks bar, follow the steps shown below.
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Go to the webpage you want to bookmark.
- Click on the “Star” icon in the address bar.
- Delete everything in the “Name” field.
- Select “Bookmarks bar” from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Done” button.
1. First, open the Google Chrome browser. You can either double-click on the desktop shortcut, click on the chrome icon on the taskbar, or you can search for “Chrome” in the Start menu.
2. After opening the Chrome browser, go to the webpage you want to bookmark. In my case, I want to bookmark the Twitter homepage. So, I opened the Twitter homepage.
3. Once you are on the webpage you want to bookmark, click on the “Star” icon in the address bar. This action will bookmark the site and shows additional options.
4. In the additional options, delete everything in the “Name” field. This will ensure that the bookmark is saved without the webpage name but with an icon only.
5. Since we want to add the bookmark to the bookmark bar, select “Bookmark bar” from the dropdown menu. Next, click on the “Done button.”
That is all. As soon as you click on the Done button, the bookmark is added to the bookmarks bar. Since we did not add any title, Chrome will show the icon only on the bookmarks bar.
If you cannot see the bookmarks bar in Chrome, you can enable it by selecting the “Menu → Bookmarks → Show bookmarks bar” option.
Do keep in mind that if a website or webpage has no icon (favicon), Chrome will show the generic globe icon as the website icon in the bookmarks bar.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to find Chrome bookmarks file in Windows.