If you don’t want the GeForce Experience, you can just install the Nvidia driver without installing GeForce Experience. Here’s how.
If you have a graphics card, it is important that you install a proper and up to date driver. Without a good driver, you will see glitches, games will perform worse, and even the system might become unstable from time to time. In the case of Nvidia, you cannot go wrong in general thanks to their incredible driver support with frequent game and performance updates.
While installing the Nvidia driver, it automatically installs an additional software called Nvidia GeForce Experience. The GeForce Experience software adds additional functionality to your graphics card and even functions as a games hub with auto driver updates. However, the GeForce Experience can be pretty resource-intensive it if is running in the background constantly. This is especially true with older systems with weak CPUs and low memory (RAM).
If you are not using the GeForce Experience software, you can install the Nvidia driver without GeForce Experience. Even if you have it already installed, you can uninstall GeForce Experience.
In this quick guide, let me show you the steps to install the Nvidia driver without GeForce Experience on Windows.
Steps to install Nvidia driver without GeForce Experience
To install the Nvidia driver without GeForce Experience, follow the steps shown below.
Note: download Nvidia game-ready driver. NOT studio driver.
- Get Nvidia drivers from here.
- Double-click on the downloaded exe file.
- Click “Ok” in the extraction window.
- Now, select the “Nvidia Graphics Driver” option.
- Click the “Agree and continue” button.
- Choose the “Express” option.
- Click “Next” to continue.
As soon as you click the button, the Nvidia driver will be installed without the GeForce Experience package.
1. First, head over to the Nvidia website, select your graphics card model from the dropdown menu, and click the download button. This action will download the latest driver for your graphics card. If you don’t know what graphics card you are using, follow the linked page to find the Nvidia graphics card model number.
2. After downloading the driver, double-click on the exe file. This action will initiate the file extraction process. Let the default folder path be as is and click on the “Ok” button.
3. After the extraction is done, the installer will automatically launch itself. In the installer, select the “Nvidia Graphics Driver” option and click the “Agree and continue” button.
4. Now, select the “Express” radio option and click the “Next” button.
As soon as you click the next button, the installer will install the driver. The whole process can take a few minutes to complete. As the driver is being installed, your monitor might flash a few times. This is completely normal.
Once the driver is installed, you can use your computer as usual. If you want to, you can restart the system to make sure all the changes are applied. Since we did not install the GeForce Experience package, you will not find it in your system.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.