The computer management program acts as a hub for useful Windows tools. Here’re some of the easiest ways to open Computer Management in Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7.
Windows comes bundled with several different essential system tools to properly manage and configure the system. For example, to schedule repeated tasks, there is Task Scheduler. To see all the events, there is an Event Viewer. To manage drivers and hardware devices, there is the Device Manager. Simply put, there are a lot of important programs for better management.
Since these tools are intended to manage a computer, Windows also comes bundled with a Computer Management tool. This acts as a hub for all the essential system management programs in Windows. If you ever forgot how to open a specific management tool, opening the computer management program will give you easy access to that specific software.
In this quick and simple post, let me share the different ways you can open the Computer Management tool in Windows.
- How to open Computer Management from Start menu
- Open Computer Management from Run
- How to open Computer Management from CMD
- How to open Computer Management in Windows 7
- Open Computer Management in Windows 8
How to open Computer Management from Start menu
You can access the computer management tool directly from the Start menu itself. Just search for it and click on the result to open it. Here’re the exact steps.
- Open the Start menu.
- Type “Computer Management” in the Start menu search bar.
- Click on the corresponding result to open the tool.
- To open Computer Management as admin, right-click on the result in the Start menu and select “Run administrator“.
Open Computer Management from Run
You can use “compmgmt.msc” Run command to access the computer management tool.
- First, press the keyboard shortcut “Windows Key + R” to open the Run window.
- In the blank field, type “compmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
As soon as you press the button, Windows will open the comp management tool.
How to open Computer Management from CMD
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Start menu.
- Type “Command Prompt” and click on the result.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “compmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
- If you open the Command Prompt as admin, the computer management tool will also open with admin rights.
How to open Computer Management in Windows 7
In Windows 7, press the Start button, type “Computer Management” in the search field, and press the Enter. Alternatively, click on the “Computer Management” search result.
Open Computer Management in Windows 8
In Windows 8, first press the “Win key + C” to open the Charms menu. Here, select the “Search” option. Now, type “compmgmt.msc” in the search field. Click on the compmgmt.msc result and it will open the tool for you.
Of course, you can also do the same thing in the Start menu too. Just search for it and click on the result.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out the must-know Control Panel run commands in Windows.