Don’t like to see the date and time on the taskbar? Here’s a simple way to remove or hide date and time on the taskbar in Windows 10.
By default, Windows taskbar shows the clock on the bottom right-hand corner. It is pretty non-intrusive and generally useful in day to day life. When you click on it, you will get access to the calendar and even agenda too. However, there will be times like when you are giving a presentation, screencasting, or create tutorials when you might want to hide the date and time on Taskbar.
Thankfully, it is pretty easy to remove the date and time from the taskbar. All you have to do is toggle a switch and you are good to go. Let me show you how it’s done.
Remove or Hide Date and Time on Taskbar
Like I said, hiding clock on the taskbar is nothing hard. Just a toggle and you are done. Being system widget or icon, Windows has a dedicated option to toggle on and off date and time on taskbar.
1. First, open the PC Settings app by pressing the Win + I keyboard shortcut. Alternatively, you can also access the Settings app by click on the “All Settings” button in the Notification Center.
2. In the Settings app, go to the “Personalization” page.
3. Now, select “Taskbar” on the left panel. On the right panel, scroll down and click on the “Turn system icons on or off” under the Notification Area section.
4. This is the page where you can hide or show system icons like date and time, volume, network, etc. Since we want to hide date and time, toggle the switch next to “Clock” to “Off” position.
5. That is it. The changes are instant. If you look at the taskbar, you will no longer see the clock on it.
If you want to show the date and time on the taskbar, simply toggle the clock switch to “On” position and you are good to go.
That is all. It is that simple to hide clock on the taskbar in Windows 10.
Hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.