Minecraft is one of those games where you can spend hours doing a wide range of stuff like building, enchanting, crafting, fighting, exploring, etc. There are a variety of Minecraft editions to play and Windows 10 edition is one of those. If you are like me who's playing Minecraft Windows 10 edition then you might be wondering, where does the app store all the save data. Well, follow the below steps to find Minecraft Windows 10 Edition save location.
Now, you might be wondering why you need to know the Minecraft save location. It's simple, knowing the save location lets you manually backup all your worlds at once for safe keeping.
Additionally, the same save location is used to store all the behavior and resource packs. Which means that knowing the save location allows you to manually add custom made or downloaded resource and behavior packs.
Minecraft Windows 10 Edition Save Location
Unlike the regular Minecraft Java edition, Minecraft Windows 10 edition is a store game. Which means that it has limited access to the Windows file system. As such, the default save location of Minecraft Windows 10 edition is different from the Java edition.
Like any store app, Minecraft Windows 10 edition stores the saved data in its own folder in the AppData folder.
1. First, press Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the blank field, enter the following path and click on the "Ok" button.
3. The above action will open the MinecraftWorlds folder in the AppData folder. In this folder, you will see a number of randomly named folders depending on how many worlds you have in Minecraft. For example, Since I have three worlds in Minecraft Windows 10 edition, I have three different folders. Every Minecraft world is in its own folder.
4. If you want to know which folder belongs to which world, simply open the folder of your choice and double-click on the levelname.txt file.
5. As soon as you double-click, the file will be opened with default notepad application. In there, you will see the name of the Minecraft world.
Once you've identified the world, you can back up the entire world by simply copying the root folder. If you want to, you can add resource packs in the resouce_packs folder and behavior packs in behavior_packs folders.
That is all. It is that easy to find Minecraft Windows 10 edition save location in Windows 10.