Microsoft just released the May 2019 update. The update is rolling out gradually. You should see the update appear in the settings app soon. If you are like me who likes to clean install Windows 10, you can download May 2019 update ISO.
Generally, you are forced to use the Media Creation tool to download Windows 10 ISO. The problem is, the Media Creation tool doesn't offer any pause option. Which simply means that you have to download the entire 4.5 gigabytes file in one go. This may not be a problem if you have a fast internet connection. This is not so if your internet connection is slow or unreliable.
The good thing is, using a simple trick you can download Windows 10 May 2019 update without Media Creation tool. You can get direct download links for May 2019 ISO so that you can download it using download accelerators like IDM. Let me show you how.
Direct Download May 2019 Update
To download the May 2019 update without using Media Creation tool, we are going to use the Chrome developer tools. Since all we have to do is make the download page think we are not on the Windows platform, it is easy. Just follow the steps as is and you will be good.
Note: The same steps are applicable even if you are using Firefox or the new Chromium Edge browser.
1. First, launch the Chrome browser and go to this official Windows 10 download page.
2. Now, right-click on the page and select Inspect. You can also press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + I.
3. The above action will open Chrome Developer tools either to the right of the page or at the bottom of the page. In my case, it appears at the bottom of the page. It doesn't matter where the developer tools appear.
4. Now, click on the Device Toolbar icon appearing on the top left corner. If you are using Firefox, you will see the same icon to the top right corner.
5. As soon as you click on the button, Chrome changes the page layout to match a mobile phone. To make things easier to read, select Pixel 2 XL from the first drop-down menu and 150% from the second drop-down menu.
6. Next, click on the Rotate button so that the page appears in landscape mode.
7. Don't close the developer tools yet. Right-click on the page and select the Reload option. Alternatively, you can also press F5 on the keyboard.
8. Microsoft will now think that you are visiting from a Pixel device. As such, it shows you the direct download links for May 2019 update rather than prompting you to download the Media Creation tool. So, scroll down and select Windows 10 May 2019 update from the drop-down menu and click on the Confirm button.
9. Select your language from the drop-down menu and click Confirm. In my case, I'm selecting English International.
10. Finally, the page gives you the direct downloads links for May 2019 update. Depending on whether you are using a 32-bit or 64-bit system, click on the appropriate link. In my case, I'm using a 64-bit system. So, I clicked on the 64-bit link.
As the download page says, the download links are only valid for 24 hours from the generation of links. So, make sure that you've download May 2019 update within that timeframe. After downloading the May 2019 update ISO, create bootable Windows 10 USB drive so that you can install it as and when needed.
Once you've started the download, click on the Device Toolbar icon to make the settings return to normal.
That is it. Hope that helps.