Microsoft just released the insider preview build 18290 (19H1) ISO into the wild. You can download it from the Microsoft website. The new build contains several improvements and lots of new features. You can find the Windows 10 build 18920 ISO download link below.
Direct Download Link to Download Windows 10 Build 18290 ISO (19H1)
1. Go to the official Microsoft website, select Windows 10 Edition from the drop-down menu and click “Confirm.” Generally, you can select Windows 10 insider preview – build 18290 unless you want the Chinese version or the Enterprise version.
2. Now, select a language from the drop-down menu and click “Confirm.”
3. You will get different download links for 32-bit version and 64-bit version. Depending on your system architecture, download the 18290 build ISO. One thing to note is that the generated download links are only valid for 24 hours.
Features of Windows 10 Build 18290 19H1
There are several new features in the build 18290. Here’s a brief rundown of the important features in the new build.
Improved fluent design in the start menu. The start menu looks more refined.
The Date and Time page in the Time and Language section within the Settings app now has a “Sync Now” button to sync time with the internet. Windows 10 users time.windows.com to get the accurate time. This feature is quite useful if you are dual booting Linux and Windows. You can also manually fix the time sync issues in Windows when dual booting. This fix is permanent and you don’t have to sync every time you boot into Windows 10.
Windows 10 can now show which application is using your mic using mic icon in the taskbar notification area. When you hover over the mic icon, the tooltip will show the application name.
General improvements to search and Cortana search.
New Windows update notification icon type. Specifically, the update icon will be in orange when you are required to reboot to install the said update.
The Mail and Calendar app now has a Microsoft To-Do button to quickly launch and switch to Microsoft To-Do.
Windows 10 Build 18290 19H1 Improvements and Fixes
- We fixed an issue resulting in PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge not displaying correctly (small, instead of using the entire space).
- We fixed an issue resulting in mouse wheel scrolling in many UWP apps and XAML surfaces being unexpectedly fast in recent builds.
- We’ve made some updates to the taskbar to reduce the number of times you may see the icons redraw. Most noticeably when interacting with the recycle bin, although in other scenarios as well.
- Antivirus apps must run as a protected process to register with Windows and appear in the Windows Security app. If an AV app does not register, Windows Defender Antivirus will remain enabled.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the System unexpectedly consuming a high amount of CPU for prolonged periods of time when enumerating Bluetooth devices.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Cortana.Signals.dll crashing in the background.
- We fixed an issue that caused Remote Desktop to show a black screen for some users. This same issue could also cause freezes over Remote Desktop when using VPN.
- We fixed an issue resulting in mapped network drivers potentially displayed as Unavailable when using the net use command, and displaying a red X in File Explorer.
- Improved compatibility of Narrator with Chrome.
- Improved performance of Magnifier centered mouse mode.
- We fixed an issue where the Pinyin IME would always show English mode in the taskbar, even when typing in Chinese in the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue resulting in languages showing an unexpected “Unavailable input method” in their list of keyboards in Settings if you added the language via Language Settings in recent flights.
- Thanks everyone who’s shared feedback about the new Japanese Microsoft IME introduced with Build 18272. For the moment the IME version will be returning to the one that shipped with the October 2018 Update while we take your feedback into consideration.
- We’ve added support for LEDBAT in uploads to Delivery Optimization peers on the same LAN (behind the same NAT). Currently LEDBAT is only used by Delivery Optimization in uploads to Group or Internet peers. This feature should prevent congestion on the local network and allow peer-to-peer upload traffic to back off instantly when the network is utilized for higher priority traffic.
Windows 10 Build 18290 19H1 Known Issues
- The hyperlink colors need to be refined in Dark Mode in Sticky Notes if the Insights are enabled.
- Settings page will crash after changing the account password or PIN, we recommend using the CTRL + ALT + DEL method to change the password
- Due to a merge conflict, the settings for enabling/disabling Dynamic Lock are missing from Sign-in Settings. We have a fix, which will flight soon.
- Settings crashes when clicking on the “View storage usage on other drives” option under System > Storage.
- The Windows Security app may show an unknown status for the Virus & threat protection area, or not refresh properly. This may occur after upgrade, restart, or settings changes.
- Delete previous version of Windows in Configure Storage Sense is not selectable.
- Settings will crash when opening Speech Settings.
- Insiders may see green screens with error System Service Exception in win32kbase.sys when interacting with certain games and apps. We have a fix that will flight in an upcoming flight, we appreciate your patience.
- There’s an update block for this build in place for a small number of PCs that use Nuvoton (NTC) TPM chips with a specific firmware version (184.108.40.206) due to a bug causing issues with Windows Hello face/biometric/pin login not working. The issue is understood and a fix will flight to Insiders soon.
That is it for now.