After nearly a month-long break, Microsoft released a new security update for all Windows 11 users. This article gives you the direct link to download the KB5027231 update so that you can install it manually or on an offline computer.
Being a security update, KB5027231 contains fixes for a lot of miscellaneous security bugs. Specifically, this update fixes the security bug (CVE-2023-32019) in Windows Kernel where an attacker could use the information disclosure vulnerability to exploit a privileged process and compromise the system.
In addition to the security fixes, this update also contains general improvements and fixes. One of the important fixes is to the CopyFile API which affects 32-bit apps that are large address aware. Other fixes include but are not limited to Bluetooth, Narrator, Edge IE mode, audio playback, printer issues, touch keyboard problems, and more.
Depending on your system, this update might also add a couple of new features. Namely, this update will show the full amount of storage capacity of all your OneDrive subscriptions in the Settings app and adds support to Bluetooth Low Energy audio.
As you guess, this is not a purely security update but it is important that you install the system as soon as possible to fix security bugs and performance issues.
You can install the update directly from the Settings app or use the link below download the KB5027231 offline installer. Once you download the offline installer, double-click the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
Download KB5027231 offline installer
For users who prefer to download the KB5027231 Update offline installer, you can find it at the following link:
Once downloaded, double-click on the installer and follow the installation wizard to complete the installation process. Once done, reboot the computer to apply the changes. After rebooting you can enjoy all the goodness of the KB5027231 update.
- This update addresses a known issue that affects 32-bit apps that are large address aware and use the CopyFile API. You might have issues when you save, copy, or attach files. If you use some commercial or enterprise security software that uses extended file attributes, this issue will likely affect you. For Microsoft Office apps, this issue only affects the 32-bit versions. You might receive the error, “Document not saved.”
- This update addresses a compatibility issue. The issue occurs because of unsupported use of the registry.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Windows Kernel. This issue is related to CVE-2023-32019.
- This update provides the full amount of storage capacity of all your Microsoft OneDrive subscriptions. It also displays the total storage on the Accounts page in the Settings app.
- This update adds Bluetooth® Low Energy (LE) Audio. Your computer must support Bluetooth LE Audio to use this feature. This update improves audio fidelity and battery life when you pair your computer with Bluetooth LE Audio earbuds and headphones.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Narrator. It now announces text attributes correctly for words, such as “misspelled,” “deletion change,” and “comment.”
- This update addresses an issue that affects access to Tab settings for IE mode sites.
- This update addresses a multi-function label printer issue. It affects the installation of some of them.
- This update addresses an issue that affects audio playback. It fails on devices that have certain processors.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. It shows the wrong layout for the French-Canadian language.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the touch keyboard. Sometimes, it does not show the correct layout based on the current input scope.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the Chinese and Japanese Input Method Editor (IME). When you search within the Emoji Panel (Windows key + period (.) ), the search might fail for some of you.
That is all.