KB4571744 is a non-security optional update for Windows 10 2004 users. Here are the direct download links of the KB4571744 offline installer.
Microsoft missed the patch Tuesday schedule and finally released the KB4571744 update for all Windows 10 2004 users on Friday. Like most of the updates, this is a non-security and optional cumulative update with a ton of fixes, improvements, and changes. Some of those include improvements and fixes to the ActiveX controller, missing fonts, File Explorer crashes, Windows Hello, language settings, time settings, issues with the sign-in screen, etc.
Being an optional update, you can delay the update so that you don't have to worry about any bugs and issues with the update itself. Like always, you can download and install the update from the Settings app. Just go to the "Windows Update" page and click the "Check for updates" buttons.
If you want to install the KB4571744 update in an offline machine or if you've paused Windows 10 updates, use the download links given below to download KB4571744 offline installer.
KB4571744 Offline Installer Download Links
To make things easier for you, I found the direct download links for KB4571744 for both Windows 10 32-bit and 64-bit systems. Depending on your system type, download the update using the below links and install it like any other Windows software. After installing, restart the system and you are good to go.
KB4571744 x86 (32-bit) offline installer (download size: 112.9 MB)
KB4571744 x64 (64-bit) offline installer (download size: 335.7 MB)
If you want KB4571744 download links for Windows Server or ARM64 based systems, go to the Microsoft update catalog website to find the appropriate links. All you have to do is click on the Download button next to the appropriate version.
- Updates an issue that might prevent ActiveX content from loading.
- Updates an issue that might cause apps that use the custom text wrapping function to stop working in certain scenarios.
- Updates an issue to reduce the likelihood of missing fonts.
- Updates an issue that prevents users from reducing the size of a window in some cases.
- Updates an issue that causes the touch keyboard to close when you touch any key.
- Provides the ability for Dolby Atmos for Headphones and DTS Headphone: X to be used in 24-bit mode on devices that support 24-bit audio.
- Updates an issue with a blurry sign in screen.
- Updates an issue with Windows Update becoming unresponsive when checking for updates.
- Updates an issue that causes File Explorer to stop working when you browse directories of raw images and other file types.
- Improves the tablet experience for convertible or hybrid devices in docked scenarios.
- Improves the user experience of the Windows Hello enrollment pages for face and fingerprint setup.
- Updates an issue that prevents you from unlocking a device if you typed a space before the username when you first signed in to the device.
- Updates an issue that causes applications to take a long time to open.
- Addresses an issue that prevents apps from downloading an update or opening in certain scenarios.
- Updates an issue that causes Microsoft Office applications to close unexpectedly when using a Korean IME.
- Updates time zone information for the Yukon, Canada.
That is all for now.