The test mode appears when you are testing or using unsigned drives in Windows 10. Here’s how to disable or remove test mode in Windows 10.
If you are using unsigned drives or drives not digitally signed by Microsoft, Windows may start in the Test Signing Mode. When that happens, you will see a little watermark on the bottom right corner saying that you are in Test Mode along with the Windows version and its build number. Test Signing mode is useful to test unsigned drives or software still in the testing phase as you don’t have to provide an authentication certificate or proper drive digital signature. This ensures the integrity of the system all the while giving you the flexibility to test new software or drives.
If you are bothered by the test mode in Windows, you can disable test mode by enabling the Drive Integrity Checks and setting Testing Mode to Off. Without further ado, let me show you the procedure to remove test mode in Windows.
Steps to Disable Test Mode in Windows 10
To disable test mode you need to turn off the TestingMode flag via Command Prompt. More specifically, we are going to use the bcdedit command-line tool in Windows 10.
Follow the steps listed below to remove Windows 10 testing mode.
- Click “Windows Key” on the keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Search for “Command Prompt” by typing it in the blank field.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt result and select “Run as administrator“. This will open the cmd with admin rights.
- In the admin Command Prompt window, type “bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF” command and press “Enter“.
- After executing the command, you will see the success message.
- Once you see the success message, close the Command Prompt window.
- Reboot Windows to apply the changes you just made.
After restart Windows, the testing mode will be removed and disabled. You will no longer see it in Windows. However, do keep in mind that once you disable the test mode, you will not be able to install unsigned drives or use the software in the testing phase. If you want to install unsigned drives, you need to disable driver signature enforcement.
Steps to Remove Test Mode Watermark in Windows
To remove the test mode watermark in Windows, you can use the bcdedit command. Here’s how.
- Open Run dialog box with “Windows Key + R” keyboard shortcut.
- Type “cmd” in the blank field.
- Press “Ctrl + Shift + Enter” keyboard shortcut to open Command Prompt with administrator rights.
- If you see a UAC prompt, click “Yes” to confirm the action.
- In the admin command prompt window, execute this command.
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
- Next, type “bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF” and press Enter to execute the command.
- Close the Command Prompt Windows after successfully executing both commands.
- Reboot Windows.
If you just want to remove test mode watermark without disabling the test mode in windows then you need to use a watermark remover. Let me show you how.
- Get Universal Watermark Remove from the official site.
- Open the downloaded zip file
- In the zip file, double-click on the exe file to open the application.
- Click the “Install” button in the application window.
- If you see a confirmation window, click “Yes” to continue.
- The software will show a prompt telling that it will sign you out to remove the test mode watermark. Save all your work and click “Ok“.
- After singing out, sign back into Windows.
- Once signed in, you will no longer see the test mode watermark on Windows desktop.
That is it.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.