If you have AirPods, you can connect them to your Windows 10 system and use them with it alongside your Apple products. Let me show how you can do it.
Compared to other wireless earbuds, AirPods are pretty easy to use and they are way more portable due to their size and form factor. Generally, if you want to pair AirPods with your iPhone or macOS, all you have to do is flip open the AirPods cap and tap or click on a button. Apple achieves this using a special chip called W1 chipset which automatically does all the heavy lifting for you.
Unlike with your other Apple products, pairing AirPods with Windows 10 requires a couple more steps. That being said, it is nothing hard. Follow the below steps and you should have Windows 10 connected to AirPods in no time.
Note: For the below method to work, your system needs to have Bluetooth.
Steps to Connect AirPods to Windows 10
Since the AirPods also have Bluetooth functionality built into it, we are going to use this feature to connect AirPods to Windows 10. Like I said before, it’s not going to be as seamless as it would be with Apple devices but it is pretty easy.
1. First, flip open your AirPods case. Now, press and hold the pairing button until you see the white blinking light. When the case light blinks, it means that it is in pairing mode.
2. Now in Windows 10, open the PC Settings app by pressing the Win + I keyboard shortcut. In the settings app, go to the “Devices → Bluetooth & other devices” page.
3. On this page, click on the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” button appearing on the right page.
4. In the “Add a Device” menu, click on the “Bluetooth” option.
5. The above action will trigger the scanning process. Once the scan is done, you should see your AirPods in the results list. From the list, select your AirPods.
If you don’t see your AirPods in the Bluetooth devices list, make sure that your AirPods are still in pairing mode and try again.
That is it. As soon as you select your AirPods, it will be paired with your Windows 10 system. Once the AirPods are connected, you can start using it.
AirPods with Windows 10 – Wrap Up
From this point forward, your AirPods should automatically connect to Windows 10 without any manual intervention.
However, if you’ve connected to some other Bluetooth device then Windows might not automatically re-connect to AirPods in the next run. In those cases, you have to manually establish the connection. To do that, go to the “Bluetooth & other devices” page in the PC Settings app and select your AirPods under the “Audio” section.
That is all. It is that simple to connect AirPods to Windows 10. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.