Is your Google Chrome browser in some other language than English? Follow the below steps to change Google Chrome default language to English.
In my recent post, I've shown you guys how to change Windows 10 language from Chinese to English. After reading that, one of the WindowsLoop readers sent me an email asking how he can change the Google Chrome language from Chinese to English.
Having Google Chrome displaying some other language than English is fairly common due to several reasons like accidental language switching, Chrome defaulting to system language, etc. No matter the case, it is very easy to change Google Chrome default language to English.
So, without further ado, let me show how it's done.
Note: For demonstration purposes, I've chosen to show language switching from Chinese to English. The same steps are applicable even if your display language is different, Arabic for example.
Change Google Chrome Language to English
1. First, open the Google Chrome browser if it is not already.
2. After opening the Chrome browser, copy and paste chrome://settings/languages in the address bar and press Enter.
3. The above action will take you to the Language settings page. Here, click on the first dropdown menu and click on the blue link. The blue link is the Add Languages button.
4. In the pop-up window, scroll down until you find the English language. More often than not, the English option will be at the bottom of the list. Since there will be multiple flavors of English, choose one according to your usage and click on the Blue Button.
5. Even though you've added the language, it is not yet set. So, find the added language from the expanded menu and click on the "Menu" icon (three vertical dots). Now, select the first checkbox.
6. Finally, to make the changes apply you need to relaunch the Google Chrome browser. So, close the browser and open it again.
That is it. You've successfully changed the Google Chrome language back to English.
Hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.