Not matter who you are and what’s your profession is, the calculator app is one of the most used applications. If you use the calculator app extensively, here’s how you can keep calculator always on top in Windows 10.
Most of the times, we use the calculator in conjunction with some other app. As such, having access to it even while we are using some other application is pretty useful. For example, if you are writing some document and need to do a couple of quick calculations, switching between applications each and every time is a bit annoying.
In the recent update, Microsoft added a new option in the calculator app that lets you keep it always on top. Let me show you how to use it.
Click Always on Top Button
In the new Windows 10 build 18956 (20H1) added a new option to the calculator app. If you are not using the 20H1 build, I recommend you follow the second method for the time being.
Recommended: Steps Check Windows 10 Version
To keep the calculator app on top, all you have to do is click on the little “Always on Top” button appearing on the top-left corner. As soon as you press the button, the calculator app becomes a bit smaller and stays on top of all application.
When you are done using, click on the button again and it will revert to back to normal.
Use AutoHotKey Script
If you are not able to use the above method, then you can use a simple AutoHotkey script to keep any app on top.
1. First, download and install AutoHotKey on your system.
2. After installing, right-click on the desktop and select “New → Text Document” option.
3. In the text file, copy and paste the following code and save the file with the name of your choice.
; Always on Top (CTRL + SHIFT + SPACE) ^+SPACE:: Winset, Alwaysontop, , A Return
4. Now, rename the file so that it as .ahk extension. For example, if you’ve named the file as “alwaysOnTop.txt” then it should be “alwaysOnTop.ahk”.
5. Double-click on the newly renamed AHK file.
6. Now, select the application you want to keep always on top and press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Space and the window will always stay on the top.
7. To revert back to normal, simply press the keyboard shortcut again.
That is all. It is that simple to keep the calculator app always on top.
If you need any help or stuck in the procedure, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.