If you cannot see the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, follow the steps below to show the missing Bluetooth icon on the taskbar in Windows 10.
Almost all laptops and even some desktops have Bluetooth built into it. When the Bluetooth is enabled in Windows 10, you will see the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar. This icon lets you create network connections with other supported Bluetooth devices, add new Bluetooth devices, send and receive files, etc. Simply put, the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar tells you that the Bluetooth functionality is enabled & active and gives easy access to additional options to manage Bluetooth devices.
Under certain circumstances or due to user error, the Bluetooth icon might be missing from the taskbar. For example, you might've accidentally pressed the "Remove Icon" option on the taskbar or some other application hid the Bluetooth icon. Thankfully, it is pretty easy to fix. Follow the steps shown below to show the missing Bluetooth icon on the taskbar in Windows 10.
Note: Do keep in mind that the icon will open appear only when the Bluetooth is turned on. If the Bluetooth is turned off, the icon will not appear. You can turn on or off Bluetooth by clicking on the "Bluetooth" button in the Notification center.
Show Bluetooth Icon on Taskbar
To show the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, you need to enable the "Show Bluetooth icon in the notification area" option in the Bluetooth settings. Here're the steps to do so.
- Open the Settings app. You can do that by pressing the "Win + I" shortcut.
- After opening Windows 10 Settings, go to the "Devices" page.
- Select the "Bluetooth & other devices" tab on the left panel.
- On the right page, click the "More Bluetooth options" link. You will find it under the "Related Settings" heading.
- Select the "Options" tab in the Bluetooth settings window.
- Select the "Show Bluetooth icon in the notification area" checkbox.
- Click "Apply".
- Click "Ok" to save changes.
- Close the Settings app.
That is all. Once you select the checkbox and save the changes, the Bluetooth icon should appear on the taskbar. As I said before, the Bluetooth icon will open appear only when the Bluetooth is turned on. If you don't see the icon, make sure Bluetooth is turned on in Windows 10.
Enable Bluetooth Support Service
If the Bluetooth support service is disabled, the Bluetooth functionality cannot be turned on. As a result, you will not see the Bluetooth icon. If that's the case, you should enable the Bluetooth Support Service from the Windows Services Manager. Here's how.
- Press the "Win + R" shortcut to open the Run box.
- Type "services.msc" and press Enter in the Run window.
- After opening the Services window, find and right-click on the "Bluetooth Support Service" service.
- Select "Properties" from the right-click menu.
- Select "Manual" from the "Startup type" dropdown menu.
- Click "Apply".
- Click "Ok".
- Close the Services window.
- Restart Windows 10.
After rebooting, turn on Bluetooth from the Notification center. As soon as the Bluetooth is turned on, you will see the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar.
Reinstall Bluetooth Drive
If the above two methods did not work then it might be an issue with the installed Bluetooth drive. In those cases, you have to reinstall the Bluetooth drive. After reinstalling, turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 and you should see the Bluetooth icon appear in the taskbar.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.