If you have a dual or multi-monitor setup, you can set a different wallpaper for each display
. Here is how you can do it in Windows 10.
If you are using multi-monitor setup with two or more displays connected to the computer, you can configure Windows 10 to show a different wallpaper on each display. If you are into customizing and personalizing your multi-monitor setup, the ability to set different wallpapers on different displays is hugely helpful and pretty powerful too. I mean, I’ve seen the creativity that goes into setting up wallpapers on different displays in a multi-monitor setup.
In older versions of Windows, you are forced to use third-party software or edit system files or registry to change wallpaper on extended displays. That changed in Windows 10. Though not obvious at the first glance, you can set different wallpapers on dual monitors directly from the Personalization page in the Settings app.
In this quick and simple article, let me show you the steps necessary to set different wallpaper for each display on a dual monitor or multi-monitor setup.
Steps to set different wallpaper for each display
Follow the steps below to set different wallpaper for each display in a multi-monitor setup.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select the “Personalization” option.
- Click on the “Background” tab on the sidebar.
- Select “Picture” from the “Background” dropdown menu.
- Now, right-click on any wallpaper below the dropdown menu.
- Select the “set for monitor 1” option to apply the wallpaper to the primary monitor.
- Next, right-click on another wallpaper.
- Select the “set for monitor 2” option to apply the wallpaper to the secondary monitor.
- If you have more than two monitors, do that same thing for other displays.
- Close the settings app.
1. First, open the PC Settings app with “Windows + I” keyboard shortcut. In the Settings app, go to the “Personalization → Background” page. This is where you will find the option to change Windows wallpaper.
2. On the right page, select “Picture” from the “Background” dropdown menu. This action will show five most recent wallpapers right under the dropdown menu.
3. Right-click on the wallpaper of your choice. If you cannot find the wallpaper you are looking for, click on the “Browse” button under the wallpapers to add it to the list.
4. From the right-click menu, select the “Set for monitor 1” to set the selected wallpaper on your primary or first display.
5. Next, right-click on another wallpaper. From the right-click menu, select the “Set for monitor 2” option. As before, if you cannot find the wallpaper, click the “Browse” button and choose the wallpaper from your hard disk.
6. If you have more monitors, follow the same steps and set a different wallpaper for each display.
That is all. With that, you will have different wallpapers for each of your displays in the multi-monitor setup.
Multi Monitor Wallpaper Slideshow
You can also make Windows to automatically display different wallpapers on different monitors. To do that, select “Slideshow” from the dropdown menu in the Background page on the Setitngs app. Next, select the wallpaper folder on your hard disk by clicking on the “Browse” button under the “Choose albums from your slideshow” section. If you want to, you can add multiple folders too.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to change Windows 10 lockscreen wallpaper.