The Paint 3D app lets you resize any image using the Canvas settings. Here are the steps to resize images in Paint 3D in Windows 10.
For quite a long time, the regular Paint application is the default for many to edit and resize images. In Windows 10, Microsoft introduced a new app called Paint 3D which has quite a unique feature set compared to the good old Paint. As you can guess from the name itself, Paint 3D is mainly designed for creating and editing 3D images. In fact, the new canvassing and all the tools are mainly geared towards 3D image creation and editing. That being said, the Paint 3D app still can do almost everything that the old Paint app can do.
One of the common things that most of us do with Paint is resizing images and pictures. For example, if an image is too big or small, you can use the built-in app to resize it as needed. In the old paint app, you'd just add the image to the Paint application and then click the Resize button. Paint 3D is not different. Since the modern app's user interface is a bit different, it can be confusing to resize a picture in Paint 3D.
So, in this quick and simple guide, let me show you the steps to resize an image or picture using the Paint 3D app in Windows 10.
Steps to Resize Image using Paint 3D
To resize an image or picture in the Paint 3D app, follow the steps listed below.
- First, open the Paint 3D app. You can open it in the Start menu.
- Click on the "Open" button in the Paint 3D app.
- Click on the "Browse" button.
- Now, find the image or picture to resize and click "Open".
- The image will be opened in the Paint 3D app.
- Next, click on the "Canvas" option on the top bar.
- On the right sidebar, select the "Lock Aspect Ratio" checkbox under the Resize Canvas section.
- Select the "Resize image with canvas" checkbox.
- Next, select "Pixels" from the drop-down menu.
- Now, set the width or height according to your requirement.
- Once you are satisfied with the new image size, click on the "Menu" button on the top left corner.
- Select the "Save as" option on the sidebar to save a duplicate image with resized dimensions.
- Since we want to save the file as an image, click on the "Image" button.
- Select a destination, name the file, and click on the "Save" button.
- Finally, close the Paint 3D app. When prompted, click the "Don't Save" button. That way, you will not be modifying the original image.
That is all. It is that simple to resize images using Paint 3D app in Windows 10. You will find the resized image in the save location you choose in step 14.
Additional Useful Notes on Image Resizing in Paint 3D:
- You can drag and drop an image onto the Paint 3D app to open it.
- If you want to set both the width and height of an image independently, don't select the "Lock aspect ratio" checkbox. Do keep in mind that if the aspect is not locked, the image might be deformed due to the custom width and height values.
- If you want to resize the image in percentage, like 50% of the original image, select "Percent" from the dropdown menu under the "Resize Canvas" section.
- As an alternative, you can also freehand resize an image. To do that, hold down the "Shift" key, grab the resize square on the edge of the image, and move the mouse to resize the image. If you don't hold the Shift key, the resizing action will not respect the aspect ratio. This is similar to not selecting the "Lock aspect ratio" checkbox.
- If you want to, you can also flip or rotate the image directly from the Canvas options.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to remove the 3D objects folder in File Explorer.