If you don’t want edge tabs to appear in the alt-tab menu, you can disable it from the settings app. Here’re the steps to fully remove edge tabs from the alt+tab menu in Windows 10.
With the recent October 2020 update or also known as the 20H2 update, Microsoft introduced a new feature where the alt+tab menu shows the edge chromium tabs. By default, Windows 10 is configured to show at most five edge tabs in the alt+tab menu. If you are a daily Edge browser user, this might be a welcome feature. As most of us move between browser tabs pretty frequently, the new feature makes the task much easier and intuitive. This is especially true if you rely heavily on keyboard shortcuts for navigation. Since Windows only shows 5 or 3 tabs in the alt+tab window, it should be that much of a hassle to find other open windows.
That being said, the feature is not for everyone. If you are like me who only wants to see open windows in the alt+tab menu then you can configure it to do that. After all, you can always cycle through open tabs with the ctrl+tab shortcut.
So, without further ado, let me show the process to disable or remove the edge tab in the alt+tab menu in Windows 10.
Steps to Remove Edge Tabs from Alt+Tab Menu
You can remove the edge tabs from the alt+tab menu directly from the Settings app itself. The option is located on the Multitasking page. Here’s where you can find and configure the new alt+tab behavior.
- Open the Start menu. You can do that by pressing the “Start” key on your keyboard.
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the Start menu. You will find the Settings icon to the bottom left of the Start menu.
- Select the “System” option in the Setting window.
- Now, select the “Multitasking” tab on the left panel.
- Select “Open windows only” from the dropdown menu under the “Alt + Tab” section on the right page.
- Settings are saved automatically.
- Close the Settings app.
That is all. From now on, you will no longer see the edge tab in the Alt+tab menu. If you are still seeing the tabs, restart the system, and try again. You should no longer see the tabs.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.