PassFab 4WinKey provides an easy way to quickly remove or reset any Windows user account password. Let’s see how it works and if it’s good.
Forgetting Windows password doesn’t happen that often. But when it happens, it can mess up your day. Of course, Windows lets you reset the password as long as you have the password reset disk. But, let’s be honest, a vast majority of us don’t have a password reset disk.
In those kinds of cases, we have to use specialized software to reset Windows password. PassFab 4WinKey is exactly that kind of software. Let’s see its features and how it works.
Features of PassFab 4WinKey
PassFab 4WinKey has several important features that make the entire process easy.
- The user interface is pretty simple, minimal, and easy to use.
- Ability to remove or reset the password of all types of Windows user accounts.
- Support for both local and Microsoft accounts.
- Support for domain user accounts.
- Ability to delete or create Windows user accounts directly from the recovery screen.
- Full support for Windows server.
- And much more…
Using the Software
Using 4WinKey to recovery or reset Windows password just takes a few clicks. There are two major steps. First, you have to create a bootable PassFab 4WinKey drive. Second, insert that bootable drive into the system you want to reset the password for and click through the wizard. Let me show you how.
1. First, download PassFab 4WinKey from the official site and install it like any other Windows software.
2. After installing the software, click on the “Start” button. You can also open it from the start menu or by clicking on the desktop shortcut.
3. As soon as you open the application, you will be prompted to create a bootable drive. Plug-in your USB drive, select the “USB Flash Drive” radio option, select the USB drive from the dropdown menu and click on the “Next” button.
4. You will see a warning message letting you know that all data in the USB drive will be erased. So, make sure there is nothing important in the USB drive and click on the “Next” button.
5. Once you confirm, 4WinKey will create the bootable password recovery drive.
6. After creating the recovery drive, the application will show a nifty guide on how you can boot into it on various systems. You can close the window.
1. To recover or reset the Windows, plug-in the bootable USB drive you just created into the target system and boot into it.
2. As soon as you boot into the recovery drive, it will list all the Windows installations. Select the Windows system and click on the “Next” button.
3. You can now see all the user accounts in that system. Select the user account for which you want to remove or reset the password, select either “Remove Account Password” or “Reset Account Password”. In my case, I’m choosing to remove the password. Click the “Next” button.
4. The application will remove the password instantly. Of crouse, if you choose the reset option, you will be prompted to enter a new account password.
Just reboot the system and you can login without any password. Once you log in, don’t forget to add the user account password from Windows user account settings to keep your account safe and secure.
As you can see, PassFab 4WinKey is a simple and straightforward application. It does what it says without any unnecessary steps or clunky user interface. All in all, it is a pretty good application. That being, if there is one thing that I don’t like about PassFab is that the developers provide you with an online installer. Though not a big deal, having an offline installer is very useful in the time of need. Other than that one hiccup, it is a solid Windows password recovery application.
Since there is a free trial with limited functionality, do give the application a try if you are in need and see how it works for you.
Disclaimer: This review is sponsored and made possible by PassFab. However, the writer’s thoughts and experiences about 4WinKey software are unaffected and unbiased.