Just yesterday, Microsoft released another cumulative update KB4469342 for Windows 10 October 2018 users along with the KB4471331 update that fixes a newly found zero-day vulnerability in Adobe Flash Player. The KB4469342 update brings a ton of fixes and improvements to the October 2018 update. Most notably, the KB4469342 update fixes brightness bug and file association bug in October 2018 update. In case you don't know, some October 2018 update users are facing a situation where the system is resetting the brightness slider back to 50 percent on reboot and Windows constantly shows the "open with" window asking users to choose a program to open the file with, even when they select the default program.
All in all, KB4469342 update fixes both brightness bug and file association bug. Other fixes include fixes for a bug in the Camera app, fixing compatibility issue for Hulu TV in Microsoft Edge, fix for compatibility issues with some wireless headsets, etc. You can find the full changelog below.
Generally, Windows 10 will automatically download and install the KB4469342 update as soon as possible. However, if you've paused the Windows 10 updates, you need to manually trigger the update process. For that, open PC settings app and go to "Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows update" and clicking on the "Check for updates" button.
If there are any problems with the above method use the below direct download links to download KB4469342 update. Once downloaded, you can install KB4469342 like any other Windows software.
Direct Download Link to Download KB4469342
Here is the direct download link to download KB4469342 update. This link contains download links for both x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) systems. Depending on your system architecture, download the one you need. You can install KB4469342 like any other software. Don't forget to restart Windows to apply the update.
All Change and Improvements in KB4469342 Update
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge with using the drag-and-drop feature to upload folders from the Windows desktop to a file hosting service website, such as Microsoft OneDrive. In some scenarios, files contained in the folders fail to upload, with possibly no error reported on the web page to the user.
- Addresses an issue that degrades Internet Explorer performance when you use roaming profiles or you don't use the Microsoft Compatibility List.
- Addresses updated time zone information for Fiji.
- Addresses time zone changes for Moroccan daylight standard time.
- Addresses time zone changes for Russian daylight standard time.
- Addresses an issue that causes display settings to stop working when changing a multi-monitor configuration.
- Addresses an issue that displays a black screen on some servers when waking a display from sleep.
- Addresses an issue with long delays in taking a photo when using the Camera app in certain lighting conditions.
- Addresses an issue that prevents live TV Hulu content from playing in Microsoft Edge; instead, a black screen appears.
Addresses an issue that stops Bluetooth® headsets from receiving audio input after several minutes of listening.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Brightness slider preference to be reset to 50% when the device restarts.
- Addresses an issue with the OEM manufacturing processes when running sysprep /generalize.
- Addresses an issue with Microsoft Intune that causes devices to be incorrectly marked as not compliant because a firewall incorrectly returns a 'Poor' status. As a result, the affected devices will not receive conditional access compliance approval and may be blocked from access to corporate resources such as email.
- Addresses a performance issue with vSwitch on network interface cards (NIC) that do not support Large Send Offload (LSO) and Checksum Offload (CSO).
- Updates the Wi-Fi policy for service set identifier (SSID) filtering to avoid filtering out Wi-Fi Direct devices.
Addresses an issue that causes rasman.exe to stop responding.
- Addresses an issue in which regedit.exe fails to add double null terminator to REG_MULTI_SZ values in the Windows registry. The missing terminator may prevent services and applications from reading REG_MULTI_SZ values that regedit.exe adds after installing the operating system.
- Addresses an issue with RemoteApp visibility that may cause the main window to disappear until the user clicks the screen.
- Addresses an issue that prevents some users from setting Win32 program defaults for certain app and file type combinations using the Open with… command or Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Addresses an issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device.
Known Issues with KB4469342 Update
- After installing this update, users may not be able to use the Seek Bar in Windows Media Player when playing specific files. This issue does not affect normal playback.
- nVidia has notified Microsoft of an issue where Microsoft Edge may crash or hang while playing video. This issue occurs following an nVidia driver update.
That is it for now.