To enhance Minecraft experience, you can install custom shaders. Here’s how you can install shaders in Windows 10 Minecraft Bedrock Edition.
Compared to Minecraft Java Editon, Minecraft Windows 10 or Bedrock edition is pretty lightweight and uses far fewer resources. Of course, the Bedrock edition doesn’t have several features that many take for granted in the Java edition, mainly the F3 debug screen. That being said, you can still enhance your Minecraft experience by simply install shader packs. Depending on the shader pack, you can easily improve the look and feel of your Minecraft world with just a few clicks. This is especially useful if you like to explorer different biomes.
So, in this quick post, let me show you the way to install shader packs in Minecraft Bedrock edition in Windows 10.
Install Shaders in Minecraft Bedrock Editon
Before proceeding, I assume that you already have the shader pack you want to install. If don’t have one and want to try something new, use websites like mcpedl.com. It hosts some of the best shader packs, behavior packs, and much more.
1. First, make sure that you’ve downloaded your favorite shader pack for Minecraft bedrock edition. The bedrock shader pack will be in .mcpack file format. In my case, I’ve downloaded the awesome SimpleShader shader pack.
2. After downloading your favorite shader pack, open the File Explorer and find the downloaded file. Generally, it will be in the default Downloads folder.
3. Now, double-click on the shader pack. As soon as you do that, Minecraft will open itself and import the target shader pack. While it is importing, you can see the “Import Started” message. Once that is done, you will see the success message.
4. After installing the shader pack, it should be automatically activated. If not, open the Minecraft settings page and go to the “Global Resources” tab. Expand the “My Packs” section and click on the “Activate” button under the shader pack.
5. Doing the above action will active the shader pack and moves it to the top.
That is it. You’ve successfully installed and activated shader pack in Minecraft bedrock edition. Just open your world and you will see the installed shader pack in action.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, do check out how to find Minecraft bedrock edition save location in Windows 10.