If you want to further customize the look and feel of your Minecraft world, you can install resource pack in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. Follow the below steps to learn how to do it.
Though many think Minecraft Windows 10 Edition is far more limited than the good old Java Edition, you can still do a lot of things. One of those things is the ability to install resource packs like skins and textures. In fact, there are some awesome global resource packs that completely change the look and feel of the Minecraft world.
So, without further ado, let me show how you can install a resource pack in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
Steps to Install and Activate Resource Packs in Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
Note: For this guide, I’m showing how to install the Global Resource pack.
Though all most all resource packs in Minecraft’s official marketplace are paid versions, there are several websites that let you download all kinds of resource packs for free. After downloading, you need to manually install them to use the resource pack in Minecraft.
I’ve already downloaded my favorite Dokucraft resource pack. So, if you didn’t already have your favorite resource pack downloaded, download it and then proceed to the next steps.
1. The downloaded Minecraft resource packs for Windows 10 Edition will have .mcpack extension. Double-click on the resource pack.
2. As soon as you double-click on the resource pack, Minecraft will open itself and starts to import the pack.
3. Depending on the pack and its size, it can take a couple of seconds to finish the importing process. Once done, you will see the “Successfully Imported” message.
4. Even though you’ve imported the resource pack, it is not yet set. To do that, click on the “Settings” button and then select the “Global Resources” option.
5. On the right panel, click on the newly added pack and then click on the “Add” button.
That is it. Launch the game you will see the world in a new light.
Hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.
If you like this article, do check out how to find Minecraft save location in Windows 10.