Like to share an entire OneDrive folder with your friends or family? Follow these simple steps to quickly share a folder in OneDrive.
Like any other cloud storage service under the sun, OneDrive lets you share any folder you want with the wide world or even with just your friends and family. Rather than sharing individual files, sharing a folder is helpful when you want to share a bunch of files all at once.
For example, if you want to share multiple photos with your friends or family, sharing a folder is much easier than sharing individual files. After all, all you have to do is create a new folder in OneDrive, copy all the photos you want to share to the new folder, and share that folder. This gives you better control over what to share when to share, and when to unshare.
The good thing is, it is very easy to share folders in OneDrive.
In this simple guide, let me show you the step to share a folder or multiple folders in OneDrive.
Share a folder in OneDrive Web
To share a folder in OneDrive web, follow the steps given below.
1. Go to the OneDrive webpage. You can do that by opening the https://onedrive.com/ URL in the browser of your choice.
2. Sign in to your account, if needed. Obviously, if you are not signed in, you cannot share folders.
3. Find the folder you want to share. The folder can be anywhere in your OneDrive account. For example, the folder I want to share is within another folder.
4. Right-click on the folder you want to share and select the “Share” option. If you want to share multiple folders, select them using the checkboxes or the Ctrl + Click method.
5. Click on the “Anyone with the link can edit” option. This lets you further customize the share options. I always recommend you check these options before sharing any file or folder.
6. If you want to share with everyone, select the “Anyone with the link” option. That way, anyone with the shared link will be able to access it.
7. If you want to share the folder with just specific people then select the “Specific people” option. Keep in mind that these people should be using a Microsoft account and you need to know their email addresses.
8. Finally, uncheck the “Allow editing” checkbox. This makes sure that no one that has access to your shared folder can change, edit, or delete files. Of course, if you want others editing your files, check the checkbox box.
9. Hit the “Apply” button.
10. If you want to share with specific people, type their email address in the blank field, and hit “Send”.
11. If you want to share the file with everyone, click on the “Copy link” button and then copy the shown link. You can share this link wherever you want and people can access the shared folder with that link.
That is it. With that, you are done sharing folders in OneDrive web.
Share OneDrive folder in Windows 10
To share OneDrive folder in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.
- Open the OneDrive folder in File Explorer.
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Select the “Share” option from the options.
- Click on the “Anyone with the link can edit” option to customize the share options. Importantly, choose if you want to allow or disallow editing.
- If you want to share the folder with specific people, type their name in the blank field.
- Hit the “Send” button.
- If you want to share the folder with anyone, click the “Copy link” button.
- Share the link as you want. Anyone with the link can access the shared folder.
That is all. It is that simple to share a folder in OneDrive. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to access Windows drive in OneDrive web.