Windows 10 has a built-in alarm app for quick sleep schedules and reminders. Here is how to set up and use alarms in Windows 10.
On Windows 10, you can find an app called “Alarms & Clock” that lets you set up alarms, timer, and even functions as a stopwatch. Of course, the app can also work like a clock and show the current time in different cities, and timezones.
Though a vast majority of people use their phone as an alarm, there might be situations where you need to use an alarm in Windows 10. This is especially true if you are unable to use your phone for whatever reason.
Unlike the regular alarm clock apps, the Windows 10 alarms app can be a bit confusing for new users, mainly because of its unintuitive user interface. The good thing is, it is pretty easy to use. If you ever need to wake on time or get a quick reminder, you can use the Alarms & Clock app to set up a quick alarm.
In this quick and simple guide, let me show you the steps to use alarms in Windows 10.
How to use alarms in Windows 10
To set up and use alarm in Windows 10, follow the steps below.
1. Open the “Alarms & Clock” app. You can do that by searching for it in the Start menu. Alternatively, you can also find and open it from the app list in the Start menu.
2. Select the “Alarms” tab in the top bar of the Alarms & Clocks app.
3. Click on the “Add” button appearing in the bottom bar. This option lets you create a new alarm.
4. First, select the time from the scroll menu. This is the time at which the alarm is triggered.
5. Next, name the alarm by clicking on the “Alarm name” field. Since the app lets you set multiple alarms in Windows 10, having a good name makes it easy to differentiate them.
6. Click on the “Repeat” option and select the days on which the alarm should trigger. In my case, I selected all the days so that the alarm triggers every day at the given time.
7. Click on the “Sound” option and select the alarm sound of your choice. In my case, I chose to let the default sound be as is.
8. Click on the “Snooze” option and select the snooze time. This option lets you stop and reset the alarm for the selected period of time. I selected the default 10 minutes option.
9. Finally, click on the “Save” icon in the bottom bar of the Alarms & Clock app.
That is all. You’ve created a new alarm in Windows 10 and you can see it under the “Alarms” tab in the “Alarms & Clock” app. Following the same steps, you can create multiple alarms. Just click on the “Add” button, change the settings as needed, and click on the “Save” button.
If you don’t want an alarm, you can either turn it off or delete it entirely. To delete an alarm, right-click on it and select the “Delete” option.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to hide time and date on taskbar.