You can easily remove AMD Radeon Software option from the right-click context menu. Here are the exact steps to follow.
If you have a Radeon APU or GPU in your system and installed the AMD Radeon Software to manage the graphic settings, it will automatically add the ‘AMD Radeon Software’ option to the right-click context menu. This behavior is very similar to that of Intel or Nvidia software. However, what’s not similar is that the option not only appears in the desktop context menu but in the File Explorer too.
Generally, this option allows quick access to AMD Radeon Settings. While this is a good thing, not many use it for its intended purpose. Consequently, the AMD Radeon Software option unnecessarily takes up the context menu space. Not to mention, the option look quite ugly with its blocky icon. If you don’t like the option in the right-click menu, follow the steps below to quickly remove the AMD Radeon Software option in the context menu.
There are two ways to remove the AMD Radeon Software option. You can either edit the registry or use the free Autoruns software from Microsoft. If you are uncomfortable editing the registry, I recommend you follow the second method.
- Edit Registry to remove AMD Radeon Software option
- Use Autoruns to remove AMD Radeon Software option
Edit Registry to Remove AMD Radeon Software Option
In the registry, you need to delete the “ACE” value to remove AMD Radeon Software right-click option. Before editing, back up the registry to be on the safe side.
- Open the Start menu.
- Type “Registry Editor” and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Paste the below path in the Registry Editor’s address bar and press Enter.
- Once you are here, right-click on the “Default” value.
- Select the “Delete” option from the context menu.
- Click “Yes” in the confirmation window.
- Close the registry editor.
That is all. As soon as you delete the value, you will no longer see the AMD Radeon Software option in the context menu. If you are still seeing the option, restart Windows.
Use Autoruns to Remove AMD Radeon Software Option
Microsoft has a simple application called Autoruns which lets to disable the AMD Radeon Software option by unchecking a checkbox. Compared to the registry method, it is very easy to follow.
- First, get Autoruns from the MS website.
- After downloading, extract the ZIP file to a folder on your desktop.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click on the “Autoruns64.exe” file.
- Select the “Run as administrator” option from the context menu.
- After opening Autoruns, type “AMD” in the search field.
- Uncheck the “ACE” entry.
- Settings all saved automatically.
- Close the Autoruns application.
That is all. As soon as you and close the application, you will no longer see the AMD Radeon Software option in the context menu. If you are still seeing the option, restart Windows.
If you ever want to show the option again, simply follow the same steps but select the “ACE” checkbox.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to fully uninstall AMD Radeon adrenaline 2020 in Windows 10.