Just like with the previous Windows versions, Windows 10 too has God Mode. With a simple trick, you can enable God Mode on Windows 10. Follow the below steps to do so.
What is "God Mode"?
God Mode is a very simple hack that allows you to access all most all the settings in a single folder. The best thing is, unlike the Control Panel, you don't have to go through a variety of menus to find what you are looking for. All the settings are neatly categorized into their own little sections. This allows you to easily identify a particular setting, option, or tool you are looking for.
Below are main sections that you get access to in Windows 10 God Mode. Each section further has its own settings or tools. Also, keep mind that God Mode doesn't give you access new options available via the PC Settings. For instance, you will not find any options or tools to manage Cortana.
- Administrative Tools
- Backup and Restore (Windows 7)
- BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Color Management
- Credential Manager
- Date and Time
- Device and Printers
- Ease of Access Center
- File Explorer Options
- File History
- Indexing Options
- Internet Options
- Network and Sharing Center
- Phone and Modem
- Power Options
- Programs and Features
- Remote App and Desktop Connections
- Security and Maintenance
- Speech Recognition
- Storage Space
- Sync Center
- Taskbar and Navigation
- User Accounts
- Windows Defender Firewall
- Work Folders
Enable Windows 10 God Mode
It is rather easy to turn on God Mode on Windows 10. All you have to do is create a new folder and rename it.
1. Right-click on the desktop and select New -> Folder. It doesn't have to be on the desktop. You can create God Mode folder in any folder or drive. I'm doing it on the desktop because it is more accessible that way. You can use any folder you want.
2. Now, name the newly created folder using the below name.
3. That is it. As soon as you rename the folder, it will turn into the God Mode folder. You've successfully enabled God Mode on Windows 10.
4. Double-click on the folder and you will see a list of all the available tools in a single page.
You can move the God Mode folder to any place or folder. It doesn't have to be in the same place to work. When you think you no longer need the God Mode, you can disable God Mode on Windows 10. To do that, simply delete God Mode folder and you are done.
What God Mode is Not & What it Can't Do?
Don't think that Windows 10 God Mode will give you some superpower over your system. All God Mode does is list all the available Windows advanced settings in a single page. Other than that, it does nothing much. Just create a God Mode folder and place it somewhere you can remember. When you can't find a particular option in the control panel, you can make use of the God Mode folder.
If you like this article, you might also like to learn how to tag files for better file and folder management and easy search. To help you with that, here are some of the best file tagging software.