To print on both sides of a paper, you need to have a duplex printing module installed. Here’re the steps to enable duplex printing in Windows 10.
Most printers in the market nowadays have automatic duplex printing capabilities. In case you don’t know, duplex printing allows you to print on both sides of a paper. Duplex printing is hugely popular in office environments and educational institutions. As you can guess, the duplex printing not only saves a lot of paper but unnecessary hassle too. Unlike the manual duplex printing machines, the automatic ones require no user attention to print on both sides. This eliminates any user errors and saves time when it comes to printing a lot of documents.
Even if the printer has the duplex mode in it, it first needs to be installed or enabled in the Windows 10 settings for it to work. If the duplex printing is not enabled, Windows will not be unable to print documents in duplex mode. For the most part, the modern printer drives automatically enable the duplex mode. However, if it is disabled for whatever reason, you can manually enable the duplex printing in Windows 10.
In this quick short guide, let me show the steps to enable duplex printing in Windows 10.
Steps to Enable Duplex Printing in Windows 10
To enable the duplex printing mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.
- Click on the “Notifications” icon on the taskbar. You can find it at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the “All Settings” button to open the Settings.
- After opening the Settings app, go to the “Devices” page.
- Select the “Printers & Scanners” page on the left panel.
- Click on your default printer and click the “Manage” button.
- Select the “Printing Properties” link from the list of options.
- Go to the “Device Settings” tab.
- Select the “Installed” option from the “Duplex Unit” option.
- Click “Ok” to save changes.
- Close the properties window.
- Close the Settings app.
That is all. From now on, you should be able to print on both sides of the paper thanks to enabling the duplex printing.
* If you cannot see the duplex option in the Printer Properties window, your printer might not support it or the driver needs to be updated. If it’s a driver issue, try the steps after updating the driver.
* Depending on your printer and its driver, the duplex option might be under a different tab or option. So, take a look at all the tabs if you cannot find the duplex option as shown in the steps above.
* To print on both sides of the paper, you need to select the duplex or print on both sides option while sending the print instruction. Generally, the option will be available under the advanced options section in the print dialog box.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.
Other printer related guides: