Unlike the previous version of Windows, Microsoft is now allowing anyone to download Windows 10 ISO full version legally from its official website for free. The problem is, this fact is not so widely know and many users are using the OEM provided Windows 10 installer disc to reinstall Windows or even downloading Windows 10 ISO from third-parties and/or pirated websites.
Since Microsoft is constantly updating Windows 10 with new features and releasing it twice a year, installing out-dated Windows 10 version via OEM provided installer disc is not advised. After all, as soon as you install the out-dated Windows 10 and start your computer, it will download the new version and you have to go through the upgrade process again.
Moreover, if you are like me who can't wait to install the newest version of Windows 10, you can use the below method to get the latest version of Windows 10 from Microsoft. Once downloaded, you can create a bootable USB drive to either upgrade Windows 10 or do a clean installation.
Download Windows 10 ISO For Free Legally Without Entering the Product Key
1. To download the latest version of Windows, you need to use the Media Creation Tool available from Microsoft. So, visit this official Microsoft page and click on the "Download Tool Now" button to download the Media Creation Tool.
2. After downloading the Media Creation Tool, install it like you would any Windows software.
3. After installing the tool, open it by searching for it in the start menu. On the main screen, select "Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC" option and click "Next".
4. The tool will automatically detect the language, system architecture, and Windows edition. If you want to modify those settings, deselect "Use the recommended options for this PC" and select the appropriate options. Once done, click on the "Next" button.
5. Since we want to download Windows 10 ISO, select the "ISO File" option and click on the "Next" button.
6. Now Windows will ask to your choose a destination location to save the Windows 10 ISO file after downloading. Simply go to any folder you want, name the file and click on the "Save" button.
7. As soon as you click on the Save button, Media Creation Tool starts to download the latest version of Windows 10 ISO.
The Windows 10 ISO will be around 4GB. Depending on your internet connection speed, it can take some time to complete the download process. Just do some other work or sit back and wait until the download is complete. Once completed, you can find the Windows 10 ISO in the destination place you selected in step 6.
Once you have the ISO file, you can easily create a bootable USB drive whenever you want using free tools likes Rufus. To create a bootable ISO file, simply download Rufus, open it, select the ISO file and the USB on the main screen and click on the "Start" button.
That is all. It is that easy to download Windows 10 ISO file for free legally. Now, if you want to download Windows 10 ISO directly without using the media creation tool, follow this guide: download Windows 10 ISO without using media creation tool. Also, did you know that you can add or change OEM information in Windows? Do check it out to fully customize Windows 10.