Just yesterday, Microsoft released Windows 10 build 18272 for insiders in the fast ring. Today, stars aligned and Microsoft decided to release Windows 10 insider build 18272 ISO (19H1) for the public. The build contains a lot of new features and improvements. Some of the new features include redesigned sign-in options for Windows Hello, SwiftKey improvements, dark mode in Sticky Notes, Sticky Notes for the web, etc.
You can download Windows 10 insider build 18272 ISO from the official website and install it in a virtual machine to try out the new features and improvements.
Download Windows 10 Insider Build 18272 ISO
1. Go to the official Microsoft website, select Windows 10 Edition from the drop-down menu and click “Confirm.” Generally, you can select Windows 10 insider preview – build 18272 unless you want the Chinese version or the Enterprise version.
2. Now, select a language from the drop-down menu and click “Confirm.”
3. You will get different download links for 32-bit version and 64-bit version. Depending on your system architecture, download the 18272 build ISO. One thing to note is that the generated download links are only valid for 24 hours.
After downloading the ISO, create a bootable Windows 10 USB drive so that you can install it on your system.
Improvements in Build 18272
- We’re rolling out a feature where if you right click on a group name or tile folder in Start, you will now have an option to unpin it. Currently, 50% of Insiders will have this option.
- We fixed an issue where Task Manager settings wouldn’t persist after closing and reopening Task Manager in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where only users in Vietnam could use the new Vietnamese Telex and Number key-based keyboards. Now anyone can use them – please try it out if you’re familiar with the language!
- We fixed an issue where doing an upwards search with wrap enabled in Notepad wouldn’t find the last word in the text.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Settings crashing when navigating to Data Usage.
- We fixed an issue where starting the PIN removal process in Settings then clicking Cancel when prompted for your password would crash Settings.
- We fixed an issue where twinui.dll would crash on some devices in the last few builds after selecting a wireless display to project to form the Connect flyout.
- We fixed an issue where enhancements selected under Speaker Properties > Enhancements wouldn’t persist on upgrade.
- We fixed an issue resulting in FLAC metadata being cut short in File Explorer and other locations.
- The “Forget” option for Wi-Fi profiles is now available for non-admin users.
- Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Scroll to zoom in the text is now supported in Command Prompt, PowerShell and WSL.
- When using the dark theme (Settings > Personalization > Colors) your scrollbars in Command Prompt, PowerShell and WSL will now become dark too.
- We fixed an issue with the console that could cause graphical glitches in the embedded terminal of VS Code (see Microsoft/vscode#57803).
- The options to change your default app mode and enable/disable transparency have moved to the top of Colors Settings so it’s easier for people to find.
Known Issues in Build 18272
- Task View fails to show the + button under New Desktop after creating 2 Virtual Desktops.
- Some users will notice the update status cycling between Getting Things Ready, Downloading, and Installing. This is often accompanied with error 0x8024200d caused by a failed express package download.
- If you have a have a large number of OTF fonts, or OTF fonts that support the extended East Asian character set, you may experience some unexpectedly missing text across the system. We’re working on a fix. If you encounter this issue, navigating to the Fonts folder (c:\windows\fonts) may resolve it.
- PDFs opened in Microsoft Edge may not display correctly (small, instead of using the entire space).
- We’re investigating a race condition resulting in blue screens if your PC is set up to dual boot. If you’re impacted the workaround is to disable dual boot, for now, we’ll let you know when the fix flights.
- The hyperlink colors need to be refined in Dark Mode in Sticky Notes if the Insights are enabled.
- The settings page will crash after changing the account password, we recommend using the CTRL + ALT + DEL method to change the password.
- [ADDED] WSL will not work on this build. If you require WSL to work, you can rollback to Build 18267.
Keep in mind that this is an insider preview build and may contain several bugs. So, don’t install it in your production machine.