If you are an Amazon Prime Video subscriber, you can download Prime Video to PC to watch movies and shows offline. Here’s how.
Though not as big as Netflix, Amazon Prime Video is slowly but surely creeping up in everyone’s subscription box. One of the main reasons for this is its exclusive popular TV shows like Boys, Jack Ryan, etc. In fact, I personally am a long time Prime Video subscriber.
Recently, Amazon updated its Windows 10 Prime Video app to support more countries and even added the ability to download movies and TV shows to watch offline. One of the best things about Prime Video is that a select few and popular shows and movies can be streamed in 4K. Some even have HDR support. Since the Prime Video app supports offline downloads, you can enjoy your favorite shows or movies uninterrupted regardless of your internet connection status and reliability. Offline downloads are especially useful while traveling. Once downloaded, you can want the downloaded content directly from the Prime Video app.
In this quick and simple guide, let me show how you can download Prime Video to PC to watch content offline in Windows 10.
Download Prime Video shows to Watch Offline Content
To watch the Prime Video content offline, you need to install the Prime Video app. As of now, the app is available for Windows 10 systems via the Windows Store. Once installed, all you have to do is, sign-in, find the movie or tv show you want to download, and click the “Download” button. Here’re the exact & detailed steps you should follow.
- First, install the Amazon Prime Video app from the Windows Store.
- After installing, open the Start menu.
- Search for “Prime Video” and press Enter.
- After opening the Prime Video app, sign in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Once signed in, you will see all the available Prime Video catalog.
- Find the movie or tv show you want to download and click on it.
- In the Details page, click on the “Download” button.
- As soon as you click the download button, the show or movie will start downloading.
- To see active downloads, click on the “Downloads” tab on the left panel.
Once done, you can enjoy the downloaded content without any active internet connection.
Change Prime Video Download Quality
By default, the Prime Video app will download the content in “Best” quality. This is the highest possible setting with high resolution. Due to this, it consumes a lot of data and disk space. If you want to control that, you can change prime video download quality. Here’s how.
- First, open the Prime Video app.
- Now, click on the “Settings” icon appearing at the bottom of the left panel.
- Next, select a download quality between “Best”, “Better”, and “Good” on the right page.
The settings are automatically saved as soon as you select the option. From now on, the app will download the content according to the quality settings. Do keep in mind that these settings will not affect already downloaded content or a download that started just before you changed the quality setting.
Delete Offline Downloaded Content from Prime Video
Once you are done watching the downloaded content, you can delete it to gain back the hard disk space. This allows you to download more without worrying about the disk space.
- First, open the Prime Video app.
- Click on the “Downloads” tab on the left panel.
- Find the show or movie you want to delete and click on the “Details” icon (three horizontal dots) next to it.
- Select the “Delete Download” option from the list.
- If you see a confirmation window, click “Yes” or “Ok“.
With that, you’ve successfully deleted offline content from the prime video app.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.