As you’d expect, Microsoft released a new cumulative update for both Windows 10. As always, here are the direct links to download the KB5025297 offline installers.
After installing this update, you can configure application group rules in Windows Firewall. Additionally, you can now sync language and region settings when you change your Microsoft account display language or regional format. Moreover, Windows will automatically save these settings to your MS account if you have Languages preferences sync enabled.
Bug fixes and improvements include but are not limited to, Microsoft Edge IE mode pop-up windows opening in the background instead of in the foreground, Tab Window Manager stop responding, app icons for specific mobile providers, and the Chinese input method not showing all of the first suggested items. Additionally, the update resolves an issue that could affect news and interests, making it flicker on the taskbar and causing File Explorer to stop responding.
Of course, there are also bug fixes for usual suspects like Active Directory, Windows Kernel, Windows Defender, Xbox services, Group Policy, Windows Management, SMD, etc.
KB5025297 is an optional update. This means you have to install it manually by clicking the Download & Install option on the Update & Security settings page. Alternatively, use the link below to download KB5025297 offline installer. You can install the update like any other software once you download the offline installer.
Download KB5025297 Offline Installer
The KB5025297 update is available as an offline installer via the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
Go to this webpage, find your Windows 10 version, and click the “Download” button next. Another window or tab will open. Click the available link, and the offline installer will be downloaded to your computer. After downloading, double-click on the installer and follow the wizard to install KB5025297. Remember that the update will only install if it is supported. Also, it might download additional updates or dependencies if required.
- Language and region settings can now be synced with your Microsoft account display language or regional format, as long as Language preferences sync is turned on in Windows backup settings.
- Fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge IE mode where pop-up windows were opening in the background instead of in the foreground.
- Fixed an issue with Edge IE mode where the Tab Window Manager was not responding.
- Changed the app icons for certain mobile providers.
- Fixed an issue with the Chinese input method where the first suggested item was not fully visible.
- Applied controller remapping preferences on the desktop for Xbox Elite users with the Xbox Adaptive Controller.
- Fixed an issue with news and interests where it would flicker on the taskbar and File Explorer might stop responding.
- Firewall settings have been updated to allow configuration of application group rules.
- Supported the government’s daylight saving time change order from 2022 for the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Fixed an issue where unexpected password expiration notices were being sent to users when using “Smart Card is Required for Interactive Logon” and setting “Enable rolling of expiring NTLM secrets”.
- Fixed an issue with the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) process where it might stop responding, causing the machine to restart. The error code was 0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION).
- Fixed an issue with protected content where it was displaying when it shouldn’t when a window was minimized and using Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview.
- Fixed an issue with provisioning packages failing to apply in certain circumstances when elevation is required.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing printing for MDM customers due to an exception.
- Fixed an issue with the Windows Defender Application Control policy that was not stopping software from running when blocked by a hash rule.
- Fixed an issue with signing in to Remote Desktop Services using a PIN in Windows Hello for Business. The error message “The request is not supported” was being displayed.
- Fixed an issue with the keyboard layout being reset to the system default when signing in to a console session after locking your machine or having multiple keyboard layouts in Settings.
- Fixed an issue with Microsoft Edge WebView2 that was causing an infinite loop when trying to restart its process.
- Fixed an issue with GPResult and Resultant Set of Policy not reporting Administrator Account Lockout policies.
- Fixed an issue with Active Directory Users & Computers not responding when using TaskPad view to enable or disable many objects at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where turning off the Unified Write Filter (UWF) using a call to Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) would cause the device to stop responding.
- Fixed an issue with the Resilient File System (ReFS) causing a stop error that prevented the OS from starting up correctly.
- Fixed an issue with MySQL commands failing on Windows Xenon containers.
- Fixed an issue with endpoints not being available on systems using multi-byte character sets for SMB Direct.
- Fixed an issue where apps using DirectX on older Intel graphics drivers were receiving an error from apphelp.dll.
That is it.