This patch Tuesday, Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4487044 for Windows 10 1809 users. The update comes with several improvements and fixes. Additionally, the update also fixes LmCompatibilityLevel, Edge browser connectivity problems when using an IP address in the address bar, Windows Hello, etc.
The KB4487044 update is available via the settings and it should be automatically downloaded and installed on your Windows 10 machine. If you pause Windows 10 automatic updates or want to do an offline installation, you can download KB4487044 update offline installer from the Microsoft update catalog.
You can force check and install KB4487044 update from the settings app. To that, open the settings app, go to “Update and Security -> Windows Update” and click on the “Check for update” button. This action should find and download the KB4487044 update. If not, the download link for KB4487044 is down below.
Direct Download Link for KB4487044 Update
Just like always, you can download KB4487044 update from Microsoft update catalog. Use the below links to download KB4487044.
After downloading, install it like any other Windows software. Once you install the KB4487044 update, the build number will jump from 17763.292 to 17763.316
KB4487044 Changes, Improvements, and Fixes
This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:
- Addresses an issue that fails to set the LmCompatibilityLevel value correctly. LmCompatibilityLevel specifies the authentication mode and session security.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent applications that use a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 97 file format from opening. This issue occurs if the database has column names greater than 32 characters. The database fails to open with the error, “Unrecognized Database Format”.
- Addresses an issue that prevents Microsoft Edge from connecting using an IP address.
- Addresses an issue that causes the Windows Hello for Business Hybrid Key Trust deployment sign-in to fail if Windows 2019 Server domain controllers (DC) are used for authentication. The error is, “That option is temporarily unavailable. For now, please use a different method to sign in”. If Active Directory (AD) activity tracing is enabled, a Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) exception may occur in the Windows 2019 DC when processing a user’s sign in.
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens that allows users to bypass the lock screen sign in process in some work flows.
- Security updates to Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Windows Server, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Internet Explorer, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Graphics, and Windows App Platform and Frameworks.
That is it for now.