Out of the regular schedule, Microsoft released KB4023057 update for Windows 10 users. This is a simple reliability and maintenance update for older versions like v1809, 1803, etc. You can find the KB4023057 update download links below.sc
The main purpose of the update is to make your system ready to install v1903 update. Once installed, the update will do various things like cleaning up the disk space, compressing essential files, resetting network connection as needed, clean up registry keys that are blocking the v1903 update, etc. Keep in mind the maintenance and reliability checks are done as needed. It doesn't go and do everything blindly.
Download Links for KB4023057 Offline Installer
Generally, you can install the update directly from the Windows 10 PC Settings app. To install the update, open the Settings app, go to "Update & Security -> Windows Update" page. On the right-panel, click on the "Check for Updates" button. This action will prompt Windows to download and install KB4023057 update.
If you are facing any problems with the above procedure, use the offline installers below.
To download the KB4023057 offline installer, go here. You will find download links for different Windows versions. Depending on your Windows version, click on the "Download" button next to it. This action will open a new window that contains a new download link. Just click on it and the download will start.
After downloading, execute the file like any other application and follow the wizard to install the update.
Things to Know Before Installing the Update
- This update may request your device to stay awake longer to enable the installation of updates.
Note: The installation will respect any user-configured sleep configurations and also your "active hours" when you use your device the most.
- This update may try to reset network settings if problems are detected, and it will clean up registry keys that may be preventing updates from being installed successfully.
- This update may repair disabled or corrupted Windows operating system components that determine the applicability of updates to your version of Windows 10.
- This update may compress files in your user profile directory to help free up enough disk space to install important updates.
- This update may reset the Windows Update database to repair the problems that could prevent updates from installing successfully. Therefore, you may see that your Windows Update history was cleared.
That is it.