Did you find an interesting Imgur album? Here’s a simple way to download the Imgur album on Windows. It is easier than you think.
Imgur is one of the most popular image-hosting services out there. One of the main reasons for its popularity is that it is specially created for the Reddit community. With Imgur, you can upload and share images, galleries, and GIFs quite easily. In fact, the ease of use and the clean user interface are what made the users flock to Imgur.
When there is a set of images, most users upload them to a gallery and share that specific gallery. By default, Imgur doesn’t provide any button or option to download the gallery. Sure, you can download individual images of a gallery by right-clicking on an image and selecting the “Save image as” option. However, if there are a bunch of images in the gallery, it will be very time-consuming and a lot of work just to download images.
Thankfully, there are a number of ways to download the Imgur album. Let me show some of the tried and tested methods to download Imgur galleries in Windows.
1] Windows Software to Download Imgur Album
Though not many, Windows has a few software that let you download any Imgur album with just a few clicks.
1. First, head over to this site and download Image Downloader software. Once downloaded, extract the zip file to a folder on your desktop.
2. Image Downloader is portable software. So, there is no need for installation. Open the extracted folder and double-click on the EXE file to launch the application.
3. In the application’s main window, go to the “Imgur” tab, paste the full Imgur Album URL, and click on the “Select” button next to the “Target folder” field.
4. Now, select a destination folder where you’d like to save the downloaded Imgur album. In my case, I’m saving them in a folder on my desktop.
5. After selecting the destination folder, click on the “Download” button appearing at the bottom. This action will start the download process.
Once the progress bar is full, go to the destination folder you selected earlier and you will see all the images from the Imgur album.
2] via Online Service
To download galleries from Imgur, there is a dedicated online service. This method is pretty useful if you don’t want to install some sort of software in Windows.
1. Head over to the developer website and enter the Imgur album ID in the “Load an Album” field. After that, click on the “Load” button.
In case you are wondering, the random string at the end of the Imgur URL is the album ID. Ex: https://imgur.com/gallery/sdfrYui.
2. As soon as you click the button, the web app will grab all the images from the Imgur album. Select the images you want to download. In my case, I wanted to download all the images, so I clicked on the “Select all” button. After selecting click on the “Download” button.
3. Now, the web app will ready the images for download. You will see a download button once they are ready. Click on the “Download” button.
4. The above action will trigger the download process. Once downloaded, open the ZIP file to see and access the downloaded Imgur album.
3] Firefox Add-on to Download Imgur Album
If you don’t want to install Windows software or use a web app, you can install a Firefox extension to download the Imgur album. One of the best things about this method is that all it takes is a single click to download the gallery.
1. First, open the Firefox browser, go to
this page, and install the add-on by clicking on the “Add to Firefox” button.
Note: The add-on is no longer available. Use one of the above two methods.
2. After installing the add-on, go to the Imgur album page. You will see a new “Download” button at the top of the album. Click on it.
3. As soon as you click the button, the Imgur album will be downloaded instantly.
As you can see, it is pretty easy to download the Imgur album on Windows. In case you wondering, I tried to find a good Chrome extension to download the Imgur album. However, as of now, there are no good extensions that work effectively. I will update the post when I find a good Chrome extension.
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.
Update: Remove the Firefox add-on link as it is no longer available. However, the first methods still work find. Use one of them to download Imgur albums.