Recently, the Photos app in Windows 10 has started showing the "Your Weekend Recap" notification. If the notification is bothering you or if you don't like this behavior, follow the below steps to disable this notification.
In the recent Photos app update, Microsoft added a new feature where it automatically generates a new album from all your photos and videos. If you've recently taken or added new photos, then the Photos app will generate a new album and show a notification as a weekend recap after a week or so.
This kind of notification might be useful to some but it is nothing more than a distraction for the most part. Thankfully, it is pretty easy to disable this notification.
Let me show you how.
Disable Your Weekend Recap Notification from Photos App
Like I said before, the notifications are one of the side effects of the new automatic album creation feature. If you disable that feature, you will no longer see the Your Weekend Recap notification.
1. First, open the start menu, search for "Photos" and open the app.
2. After opening the app, click on the Menu icon (three horizontal dots) appearing on the top-right corner. Now, click on the "Settings" option.
3. In the settings page, scroll all the way down and find the "Albums" section. Under that, toggle the switch to OFF position.
That is all. From this point forward, the Photos app will not create automatic albums and show weekend recap notifications.
If you want to keep the automatic album creation feature enabled but don't want the weekend recap notifications, there is an alternative method you can approach. All you have to do is completely disable notifications from the Photos app.
1. First, press Win + I to open the "PC Settings" app. Now, go to the "System" page.
2. In the System settings page, click on the "Notifications" tab on the left panel. On the right panel, scroll down and toggle the switch next to Photos to OFF position.
That is all. You've disabled notifications from the Photos app. If you ever want to revert back, simply toggle the switch back to ON position.
Keep in mind that once you disable Photos app notification, you will not receive any notifications whatsoever from the Photos app.
Hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.