It's that time again and Microsoft just released a new major Windows 10 version. Here are some simple ways to direct download Windows 10 v1909 ISO.
Just a few days back, Microsoft released the new Windows 10 version 1909. This is a major upgrade. However, unlike the other major upgrades that happen twice a year, v1909 is purely focused on improvements and bug fixes of existing features. Other a couple of new minor features like Enhanced Search in the start menu and File Explorer, there are no new features in this update. You can think of this update as a Service Pack for Windows 10, like in the days of XP and 7.
So, without further ado, let me show how you can download Windows 10 v1909 ISO directly from Microsoft.
There are ways to download the v1909 ISO file. Both methods are pretty simple. The first method uses the official tool provided by Microsoft and doesn't support pause and resume while downloading. The second method lets you download the ISO file directly without using the said tool. Follow the method you think is perfect for you.
1. Use the Media Creation Tool
Media Creation Tool is the official tool that allows you to do an in-place upgrade, create Windows 10 bootable USB media, or download the ISO file. The downside of this tool is that it is often slow to download the ISO and there is no way to pause or resume the download.
1. First, head over to this web page and click on the "Download tool now" button.
2. The above action will download the Media Creation Tool. Once downloaded, double-click on the downloaded EXE file. You will be prompted to the accept terms. Click on the "Accept" button to continue.
3. In the next window, select the "Create Installation Media" radio option and click on the "Next" button.
4. The tool is intelligent enough to automatically grab the language, edition, and architecture from your current installation. If that's not correct or if you want to change it, uncheck the "Use the recommended options for this PC" checkbox and customize the options. Click on the "Next" button to continue.
5. Now, select "ISO File" radio option and click "Next".
6. You will be prompted to select a destination folder to save the downloaded ISO file. Go to where you want to save the file, give it a descriptive name and click on the "Save" button.
7. As soon as you hit the save button, the tool will start the downloading process. The ISO file will be anywhere from 3.5 GB to 4 GB. Depending on your internet connection speed, it can take some time to complete the full download.
After completing the download, you will find the Windows 10 v1909 ISO in the location you chose earlier.
2. Direct Download Windows 10 v1909 ISO from Microsoft Website
Other than using the Media Creation Tool, you can also download the ISO directly from the Microsoft website. However, if you try to do that, Microsoft will force you to download the Media Creation Tool.
So, if you want to directly download the v1909 ISO, you have to trick the Microsoft website into providing the ISO file rather than the Media Creation Tool. I've already written a detailed guide on how you can do it for all three major browsers, Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. Go ahead and click on the below link to learn how you can do it.
That is all. It is that simple to download Windows 10 v1909 ISO.
Hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.