This post discusses various options to delete clipboard history in Windows 10. For those who don't know, Microsoft introduced cloud clipboard feature in Windows 10 October 2018 update. This is quite a useful feature as you don't have to use any other third-party apps to save things you copy for future use. The best thing about cloud clipboard is that it can not only keep track and list all the items you copy but can also sync the clipboard between all your devices. If you are using Android, you need to link Android smartphone to Windows in order to sync clipboard between Android and Windows 10.
Since Windows 10 keeps track of all the clipboard items, there might be times when you need to delete a clipboard item or clear full clipboard history. This is particularly useful when you want to delete sensitive information, like copied passwords, from the clipboard.
You can clear individual clipboard items when you want to clear a single or a few items from the clipboard history. Alternatively, you can clear the entire clipboard at once. This is useful If you want to delete full clipboard history without any trace. Keep in mind that when you delete an item or the full clipboard history, it will be removed from all devices when you are syncing clipboard with other devices using cloud clipboard.
Clear Clipboard History in Windows 10
1. To clear a single clipboard item from the Windows 10 clipboard history, first open clipboard by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win + V. Here, you will see a list of all the items you copied earlier.
2. To delete a single clipboard item, simply click on the "X" icon appearing on the top-right corner of that item. As soon as you click on it, the item will be removed from the history.
3. To delete full clipboard history, click on the "Clear all" option appearing on the upper-right corner of the Window. As soon as you click on the option, Windows will delete the entire clipboard except for the pinned items from all your devices and cloud.
4. There is another way to delete clipboard history in Windows 10. That is to use the PC settings app. In fact, the settings app has a dedicated page to manage clipboard settings in Windows 10.
5. First, open the PC settings app and go to "System -> Clipboard". On the right-panel, scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "Clear" button appearing right under the "Clear clipboard data" section.
Windows 10 will immediately delete all the clipboard data except the pinned items from all your devices and cloud.
It is that simple to clear clipboard history in Windows 10. Also, learn how to enable Windows defender sandbox and how to turn on or off enhanced mode for search indexer in Windows 10.
Wrapping Up Clipboard History
Clearing clipboard items form Windows 10 is quite a useful thing to know so that you can delete any sensitive things from the clipboard and keep it better organized. If you are looking for more advanced features than the ones provided by Windows 10, try Ditto from Windows store. Ditto is a lightweight and highly configurable application to manage Windows 10 clipboard.
Comment below how you are using the new cloud clipboard history and any problems you faced while deleting clipboard items in Windows 10.