In the Windows 10 Mail app, you can add a Gmail account along with the regular Microsoft or Outlook email account. Follow the steps below to connect Gmail account in the Mail app.
By default, when you connect your Windows 10 machine with your Microsoft account, the said email account will be automatically added to the Mail app. As an when needed, you can add or delete additional email accounts to the mail app. However, you are not just limited to the Outlook or Microsoft account. You can add any email account as long as the target email service supports IMAP or POP3.
Being a major email service provider, Gmail supports IMAP out of the box. As such, you can add any Gmail account to the Windows 10 Mail app.
So, without further ado, let me show how you can do it with just a few clicks.
Don't ever add your email account to Mail app on public computers. Otherwise, other people might easily access your account without you knowing it.
Connect A Gmail Account in Mail App
Adding Gmail account in Windows 10 is nothing hard. All you have to do is follow the wizard and you will be.
1. First, search for "Mail" in the start menu and click on the result to open the Mail app.
2. After opening the Mail app, click on the "Accounts" option on the left panel.
3. The above action will open an additional panel to the right side. Click on the "Add Account" button.
4. In the email service selection window, click on the "Google" option.
5. Now, enter your Gmail email address and click on the "Next" button to continue.
6. You will be prompted to enter your email account password. So, enter the password and click Next to continue.
7. Depending on the two-factor authentication you've set on your Gmail account, you might see a different 2-step verification screen. No matter the method, verify yourself. In my case, since I've linked my Android mobile with the account I'm about to add, it just showed a notification on my screen asking for my permission.
8. Once you verify yourself, you will see the permissions screen. Click on the "Allow" button under the permissions list.
9. Finally, if everything goes properly, you will see the "All Done" screen. Click on the "Done" button to complete the procedure.
That is all. It is that simple to add a Google account to Windows 10 Mail app. Once added, you can use it just like any other mail account. i.e, you can create and send emails, receive emails, marks emails as spam, etc.
Like I said before, don't add your email accounts to the Mail app if it is a public computer or if you are sharing your system with other people.
Hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.
If you like this article, do check out how to change the email account name in the Mail app and how to change the default font and font size in the Mail app.