If the default touchpad sensitivity is not to your liking, you can change Windows 10 touchpad sensitivity according to your needs. Here’s how.
For laptop users, the touchpad is one of the most make or break factors. For the most part, thanks to the precision touchpad drivers, the touchpads on Windows 10 laptops are getting pretty good, even in low to mid-range devices. The good thing is, the precision touchpad settings in Windows 10 allow you to customize the touchpad gestures and even lets you control how sensitive the touchpad is.
Without proper touchpad sensitivity, you will have a hard time using touchpad gestures. In those cases, you can change the touchpad sensitivity with just a few clicks. For example, if the default touchpad sensitivity is too high, you can lower it. If the touchpad sensitivity is too low, you can increase it. Simply put, Windows 10 allows you to increase or decrease the touchpad sensitivity via the Settings app itself.
Without further waiting, let me show you the procedure and steps to modify touchpad sensitivity in Windows 10.
Steps to Change Touchpad Sensitivity in Windows 10 Settings
You can change the touchpad sensitivity directly from the Windows 10 settings app. Here how to find and change it.
- Click on the “Notifications” icon. You will find it to the right of the taskbar.
- Next, click on the “All Settings” button to open the Settings app. You will find the button at the bottom of the Notifications panel.
- After opening the Settings app, go to the “Devices” page.
- Select the “Touchpad” tab. You will find the option on the left panel.
- Select the sensitivity of your choice from the dropdown menu under the “Touchpad Sensitivity” section.
- After selecting, try out various touchpad gestures and see how it feels. If it doesn’t feel right, choose another setting.
- Once you are done, close the Settings app.
By default, Windows 10 provides four different options. i.e, Most Sensitivity, High Sensitivity, Medium Sensitivity, and Low Sensitivity. For most people, the High or Medium Sensitivity options are pretty good. If you are struggling with accidental touchpad gestures then I would recommend you select the Low Sensitivity option.
That is all. It is that simple to change touchpad sensitivity in Windows 10. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to automatically turn off the touchpad when you connect an external mouse.