Windows 10 lets you customize the taskbar color to anything you want. Here are the instructions to change the taskbar color in Windows 10.
By default, the Windows 10 taskbar color is either dark or light. On compatible systems, transparency and blur effects are also enabled. In general, these dark and light schemes are pretty good and make the icons stand out.
However, do you know that you can add color to the Windows 10 taskbar? Yes, you can change the taskbar color in Windows 10 to almost anything you want. All you have to do is choose a color you want to apply to the taskbar from the predefined color palette or from a near-infinite color picker. Besides the taskbar color, you can also control whether you want the transparency effect or not. This is particularly useful if you want a solid taskbar full of custom colors.
In this quick guide, let me show the procedure to change the taskbar color in Windows 10.
Steps to Change Taskbar Color in Windows 10
That is all. By following the steps listed above, you can modify the taskbar color with just a few clicks. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.
- First, open the Settings app. You can do that by pressing the "Windows Key + I" keyboard shortcut.
- Go to the "Personalization" page.
- In the personalization page, click on the "Colors" option. You will find it on the left panel.
- In the colors panel, select the "Start, taskbar, and action center" checkbox under "Show accent color on the following surfaces" section.
- After that, choose a color from the color palette on the same page. This color is instantly applied to the taskbar.
- If you cannot find the color of your choice, click on the "Custom color" button under the color palette.
- Select a color of your choice and click "Done".
- Close the Settings app.
That is all. As soon as you follow the steps above, the new color is applied to the taskbar. Do keep in mind that the color is also applied to the Start menu and Action Center. This makes all three of them unified and pleasing to the eyes.
To even more customize the taskbar, follow the liked articles below.
- How to make the taskbar transparent
- Steps to center icons on the taskbar
- How to change taskbar position
- Show download and upload speed on the taskbar
- Show GPU and CPU temps on the taskbar
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible.