You can change the first day of the week in Windows 10 via the Settings app or the control panel. Here’s how you can do it in simple steps.
Depending on where you live and the region settings, Windows 10 sets Sunday as the first day of the week. This means that any given week will end on Saturday. For a vast majority of users, Sunday being the first day of the week is perfectly fine. However, if you are want to change the first day of the week in Windows 10 to match the country you are living in, your work environment, or to better manage your calendar, you can use the Windows 10 Settings app or the control panel to change the first day of the week.
For example, I like my week to start with Monday and end on Sunday. So, I used the Settings app to change the week’s first day in Windows 10. Once you change the first day of the week, the change will be reflected in the taskbar and in Windows 10 Calender. Let me show the process of changing the first day of the week in the Windows 10 calendar.
Change First Day of Week via Settings App
The Windows 10 Settings app provides a simple way to change the First Day of the Week in the calendar. Here are the steps you should follow.
- Open Settings with the “Windows Key + I” keyboard shortcut.
- Go to the “Time & Language” page.
- Here, go to the “Region” tab on the left panel.
- Click the “Change data formats” link on the right page.
- Select the first day of your choice from the “First day of week” drop-down menu.
- Changes are saved automatically.
- Close the Settings app.
For example, I set the first day of week to Monday rather than Sunday. You can set it to anything you want. The changes are saved automatically. Click on the taskbar clock to see the applied changes. The same changes are applied to the Windows 10 calendar. i.e, the first day of the week is changed in the Windows 10 calendar too.
Change First Day of Week via Control Panel
You can change weekday settings via the Control Panel too. If you are using Windows 7 or Windows 8, this is the only way you can change the first day of the week.
Follow the below steps to modify the first day of week in the control panel.
- Press “Windows Key + R” to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “Control” in the blank field and click “Ok“.
- In the control panel, set “View by” to “Large icons“.
- Click on the “Region” option.
- Now, select the weekday of your choice from the “First day of week” dropdown menu.
- Click “Apply“.
- Click “Ok” to save changes.
That is it. As soon as you save the changes, the first day of the week will be changed in the taskbar and in the Windows 10 calendar.
That is all. I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to change timezone settings in Windows 10.